Need a system status for a 15 2500 6.7 SLT.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwilkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey guys, ran into some issues after a remote start failed and sent the truck into Christmas tree mode.. went in and tried to clear with Alfa and check to see if I had the options for remote start, low and behold touch pad selected something it shouldn’t have. And no unfortunately I didn’t have log of change. Any help would be amazing.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Going to need more details then that, you post is kind of cryptic and confusing.

If you have remote start why were you checking for it in Alfa? There are a variety of reason it won't remote start (pretty much any engine cel), you should have just scanned for fault codes.

OP
OP
D

dwilkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Third party remote starter, foot made it to pedal faster than fob in ignition. Immobilized and tossed up a handful of cam bus coms errors. I used Alfa to see what happened in status and info area.

Regardless, something isn’t jiving in my bcm setttings. Truck says I’m doing 255mph key on, engine off. So I am getting abs, traction, service 4x4, throttle control service, etc. I’ve tinkered a little bit but think something changed.

Nearest dealer willing to flash wants $180 per module.

OP
OP
D

dwilkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
But currently I am getting u1412 & P0501. Replaced both rear sensors, still can’t figure out which sensor is speed sensor a

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you make changes with Alfa? (Sounds like you might have). If so you need to figure out what you changed and put it back. Or pay the $180 and have the dealer put you back to stock(that might be the easiest). Another option is to remove the entire aftermarket remote start and put it back to stock and see where that leaves you?

OP
OP
D

dwilkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
yes a few changes have been made with alfa, but it was splash screen, and one or two other simple things. i dont have the log set up as to what changed. my goal is to try to revert everything and then setup log and configuration file. after dealer quoted me that price to do truck and then only updated abs module and flashed it, not all modules, i let him have it. bad time of the year financially to be having him flash each module for 180 a piece.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Not sure if it will help - but some of the members on her have uploaded their configs to google drive. might not hurt to see if someone uploaded one similar to yours and go thru it to see what's different.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
yes a few changes have been made with alfa, but it was splash screen, and one or two other simple things. i dont have the log set up as to what changed. my goal is to try to revert everything and then setup log and configuration file. after dealer quoted me that price to do truck and then only updated abs module and flashed it, not all modules, i let him have it. bad time of the year financially to be having him flash each module for 180 a piece.
Did you try to enable SRT settings by chance? I think I've heard of this happening before.