Need name of roof seal stripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saftie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8 gasoline
Hi,
I just can't find it anywhere...
What is the rubber seal called that runs along the roof above the doors?
It sits in a channel.
I just replaced the door seals and the above mentioned seals are falling apart.

Been googling forever but can't find what it's called...

Many thanks,
G

OP
OP
Saftie

Saftie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8 gasoline
Thanks.
I just found it in the lmc truck catalog as well. There it is called DRIP WEATHERSTRIP-CAB

Somehow water gets inside my truck and my carpet is soaked. I replaced the door seal just a few hours ago, let's see if that helps. But I will get the roof seals as well, just to be safe.

I'll replace the carpet once I know there are no more leaks.

Reactions: Mop

bigdodge

Reaction score
I don't believe those r seals. That's where the cab is welded. Those r just beauty strips. Most likey the leak is the third brake light.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Saftie

Saftie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8 gasoline
I don't believe those r seals. That's where the cab is welded. Those r just beauty strips. Most likey the leak is the third brake light.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Water is / was coming in by driver door and pooling at bottom by door sills as well as dripping down onto passenger seat.

Here a pic from passenger side, same damage on driver side. I already put black silicone on it but didn't help.

20200131_070156.jpg

OP
OP
Saftie

Saftie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8 gasoline
Has been raining and I'm happy to say that I no longer have water coming in. So that's good.
I did order the roof drip seals, not too crazy expensive.
Next is new headliner, I need to brighten up the interior a bit. I also want to install a small monitor in the overhead console which I am using for backup and front camera.