Need to replace/rebuild my 01 5.9 eng, need input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bubba

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone!
I have had my 1500 5.9 sport since it had 0 miles on it and even though I have taken good care of it over the last 13 year the engine has finally given up with 210K on it. I have been searching around for some suggestions on doing an engine replacement and wanted to post for some input on replacing the engine.

The only modifications that I have done on it over the years is a K&N cold air intake and a Borla exhaust everything else is stock.
To start off the conversation I have been looking at what to do about getting the block fixed since I lost most of the compression on cylinder 7.

Do I just do a remanufactured long block or do I take the original motor and have it rebuilt?

Suggestion on a suppler/machine shop to do this? (Phoenix Area)

If I do one or the other is there any recommended mods that should be done to the long block? open up the intake, oversized pistons, etc.

I don't want to go crazy just maybe some little tweaks since I do still drive it daily.

Thanks!