New engine working out kinks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Storytime97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 dodge 1500 4x4 tradesman with the 5.7l 8th digit vin T motor that after blowing the original motor sat for a little over 2 years until with the help of a certified mechanic friend swapped for the Fraser package 5.7l Hemi motor. I installed a pulsar tuner that piggy bags the Ecu. I also ran new exhaust with high flow cats (picture attached) which I believe is one of the issues. I have for the fuel ratio codes which return after Ecu memory reset btw. Attached are two lists of obd codes one before attaching the provide o2 sensor adapters (only shows pcm codes and one after installation of the adapters (all systems shown). Next is when every I try to really get on it occasionally it loses all throttle response for a span of 2-3 seconds before roaring to life multiple freeze frames (at varying speeds mostly from a stop but also as fast as 58mph) show the fuel rail pressure to be 0. Third I’m definitely loosing torque anywhere from 50-150lbs the transmission (sealed 8 speed) is throwing speed sensor performance and output shaft wheel speed correlation codes and on occasion defective clutch codes as well when I was fine tuning the fluid level (present on attach list). Lastly I have a little death wobble issue only after the release of the accelerator. I’ve replaced multiple components and issues I’ve found but haven’t completely solved the problem. Here what I’ve done so far replaced both front struts, upper ball joints, passenger side cv axle, lower ball joint, rotor, replaced caliper bracket and guide pins(old ones where stuck), new sway bars bushings, new rear brakes also lubricated guide pins and piston while I was at it. It all slightly helped but the issue is definitely still present. I am not a professional and don’t know the underlying issue but I few hypotheses. Hypotheses 1. There’s a rogue wiring issue causing the fuel system to shut down because of the fuel sensor code and the 2/1 02 sensor heater not working even after installing new sensor. 2. The fuel pump 3. The tuner 4. I need to add a cross pipe to the exhaust instead of true dual. Please help.

Attachments

• Freeze frame.pdf
    374.4 KB · Views: 4
  • All system codes.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 1
  • PCM codes.pdf
    88.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1690.png
    IMG_1690.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 3

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you install the engine and make sure you didn't have any codes before installing the tuner? Your post reads as if you did everything at once, which would be problematic because 1) you don't know what your base operation was to ensure everything worked properly; 2) Fraser will probably not help (which would have been my first place to go for help); and 3) any warranty on the engine is possibly gone.

My first step would be to remove the tuner and start diagnostics on the base operation first and get things working. But maybe someone can better wade through your description and offer some help without removing the tuner. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

Storytime97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did removed the tuner this morning and the codes have changed from fuel rich to lean