New member, needing opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

First time owning a truck in general and I ended up buying a beautiful black 2019 Ram Classic 1500 with the 6'4" bed, 4 wheel drive, and of course the hemi engine. I got the truck around 2 weeks ago now and the ol itch to mod has already got me. So far I have tinted the windows (5% front eyebrow, 35% front windows and 15% backs), changed to a stubby antenna, and added the Mopar floor mats. I also have some tyger step bars to install so my 5 year old can climb in and a set of the splash guards with the ram head on them sitting around waiting to get installed. I plan on working on debadging her as well in the very near future.

Some things I would like to do and just dont know what order to do them in. I wish I could do them all now but I have to budget a little bit (I put them in the order I am currently leaning towards):
- OPT7 triple Led with red sequential turn signal tailgate light bar
- Granatelli electric exhaust cutout with remote
- Ambient lighting wired into headlights (waiting until I decide what color scheme I want to go with)
- Tonneau cover (dont know if I want a tri-fold or rollup at this point)
- Black grill
- Single 10" sub box
- MAYBE black vinyl wrap the chrome bumpers (not sure how much chrome I want to get rid of or keep)
- Speaker upgrades

Color schemes:
- Black everything out except rims, and then get a can of plum crazy purple and paint the ram heads along with the hemi badge on doors. Black calipers with purple decal. Purple ambient lighting. (Plum crazy purple is probably my favorite mopar color - wife thinks itd be too girly)
- Red hemi door badge from charger, red calipers, red ram heads, and red ambient lighting (black and red are a tad too cliche even though the color combo looks good)
- Completely debadge doors, blue ram heads, blue calipers, and blue ambient lighting (less girly, less cliche, probably not my favorite look though but its not bad)

Let me hear your opinions on how you think I should approach my list, or if theres anything out there that I should look at as far as mods or aftermarket goodies! So far I am in love and do not miss driving a car at all!

front mat.jpg

front.jpg

rear mats.jpg

side.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome. I have a 2019 Classic as well.

While I didnt change the grill, I did add the Mopar black headlights, cheap upgrade and used Heise plug and play LEDs...huge upgrade and LEDs in fogs.
Inside, get the Pedal Commander, not a power adder, but huge upgrade.
If I had to do again, I did the Magnaflow catback, but if you want to not spend the money and add some tone, get Moes Chrome 5" tips, they bolt on.

Calipers, just get some MGP Caliper covers, I did, hides the ugly calipers and keeps dust down from brakes.
Speakers, you can go crazy, or just do simple mods. I did simple, and added a Kicker VSS 10" powered sub.

20190219_101853.jpg

20190502_210246.jpg

20190527_155500.jpg

20191013_140344.jpg

OP
OP
Kaw is the Law
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Graygoose - can you still have passengers in your back seat with the sub installed? Thats something Ive been slowly researching but havent got to put enough time into it yet. I cant lose the ability to install the car seats. Also, dont want to be stuck leaving seat up just to use the sub. Any input on this is greatly appreciated!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Oh yes, for sure, it bolts under the driver seat, and you still keep 2/3 of the fold out floor.
Plug and play, even with the base audio, install takes about 30-40 minutes.

I have 4 grandkids, I need the rear seat too LOL

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome Kaw!!
I too now own a classic, Granite Crystal.
I am kinda lucky on the mod list. I got a classic mostly so all the mods I had on the 17 I traded would work on the classic plus I dont like the new front end!!
I have weathertech in chanel window guards swapped over and Oem black quads and Tinted tails and 3rd brake, all led
Bought another opt-7 tailgate light bar...same one you mentioned.
Bought new interior leds
Totally debadged...this time no hemi
Swapped Stubby antennae
Saved my honeycomb grill and installed
Just today I put on my sport wheels I saved from the 17
Still have to complete my oem aftermarket auxiliary switchs and behind grill pods and install my rockville uss8 8" powered sub.
Saved and installed focal 6x9 speakers
So much to do, so little time n money...lol

20180509_151913.jpg

20200221_113335.jpg

OP
OP
Kaw is the Law
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Graygoose I was looking at piecing something together as what youve got looks like its out of my budget. Did that package come with an amp as well or how does that work? A 30 min install seems crazy fast so im assuming theres something that can be tapped into? I appreciate the guidance!

OP
OP
Kaw is the Law
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Ramm5.7 how do you like the opt7? Im on the fence at the moment. Ive got it sitting in my cart but cant yet bring myself to pull the trigger. Not sure if id rather spend the money on something for my enjoyment and not other motorists lol

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
:):):)
@Ramm5.7 how do you like the opt7? Im on the fence at the moment. Ive got it sitting in my cart but cant yet bring myself to pull the trigger. Not sure if id rather spend the money on something for my enjoyment and not other motorists lol
Well I have one and really like it, so let me help you spend your money. :)

It flashes the yellow turn signal row on both sides when you unlock. So that’s for my enjoyment. The white reverse lights also help a bit and that’s for me too.

I also like to think other drivers can see it more than just the stock signals. Peace of mind for me.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

What Bruce said!!
If I didnt like it I wouldnt have bought another!! I like the fact that there is no excuse for other motorists to not see your truck!!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Here are a couple of pics of the opt-7 on my old truck....its a great addition I think hense one week after I bought my 19 classic it was on my truck!!
Im an enabler trying to spend your money...lol

Screenshot_20200222-060644_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200222-060750_Photos.jpg

OP
OP
Kaw is the Law
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Ramm5.7 friggin a those reverse lights look bright as heck. Do you have the 60" or 48" bar? I think that reverse picture sold me haha

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Ramm5.7 friggin a those reverse lights look bright as heck. Do you have the 60" or 48" bar? I think that reverse picture sold me haha

Lmao, glad to be a bad influence!!
60" bar.
Obviously I have led in place of oem in reverse lights also
That pic of tails on is kinda a crappy one, these lights are AWSOME!!
When( not if) you buy it also get a curt 5 pin harness adapter that connects inline with your trailer wiring. All hides behind bumper
After installing and splicing reverse wire to taillight on my first truck I bought a 2nd harness to cut off the white wire plug end and connected to opt-7 reverse wire so everything just plugs in behind bumper!!
CURT 56584 Replacement... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

CURT 58550 Vehicle-Side and... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EOV2X0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When( not if) you buy it also get a curt 5 pin harness adapter that connects inline with your trailer wiring. All hides behind bumper
After installing and splicing reverse wire to taillight on my first truck I bought a 2nd harness to cut off the white wire plug end and connected to opt-7 reverse wire so everything just plugs in behind bumper!!
CURT 56584 Replacement... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

CURT 58550 Vehicle-Side and... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EOV2X0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
On my truck I did what you did the first time - bought one adapter and spliced for the reverse wire. I got the 60” as well. Bigger is better!

I also got the right side slightly too low on the first install and so I noticed driving my wife’s Audi A3 once behind her driving the truck, it looked like it wasn’t illuminating. But it was, just obscured for low cars. So I had to move it a little higher. I drilled and used the clips, so it was fairly easy.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome from SC. You joined the right forum if you want to keep you wallet light...I mean mod your truck. :happy107:

OP
OP
Kaw is the Law
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Ramm5.7 from my research i thought just running the 5 pin would be enough for reverse to work without splicing. I was under the impression most people ran a 4 pin and tapped the white behind the ds tail. Did the 5 pin alone not work?