New Member New Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver21Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Been reading here for years but not registered to post until today.
My first Ram was a 2005 Laramie.Traded it on a 2019 Quad Cab. The '05 had only 64,000 miles after 14 years. I got 10 grand for it.
Never spent anything on it except regular maintenance and a brake job. I got 50,000 miles on the factory Goodyear's.
At the time of trading, it had a leaking water pump, power steering fluid leaks everywhere and rear wheel opening rust on both sides.

I just traded the 2019 with only 14,000 miles on a new loaded 2021 Ram 1500 Crew Bighorn 5.7 etorque.

I'm enjoying reading about what everyone is saying about the 2021 etorque. I'm only getting 12 mpg at best around town but I did get 19 on my first road trip from Indianapolis to Alabama. I am remembering to turn off the Stop-Start while driving. Aside from not liking it, this has got to be hard on some engine components. Just my opinion.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum. The Auto Stop/Start is not a particular fan favorite around here (lol) but it's not proving out to be hard on components. This technology has been around for a long time, maybe the industry has shaken all the bugs out by now.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome.
My wifes Enclave has the stop/start and no shut off button. I found a company that made a module to cease it from engaging, works perfectly.
Now my GC has the off button, but same, found a $99 module to make it stay off. If you dislike it, do some search, bet you find an inexpensive module that will leave it off.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome.
My wifes Enclave has the stop/start and no shut off button. I found a company that made a module to cease it from engaging, works perfectly.
Now my GC has the off button, but same, found a $99 module to make it stay off. If you dislike it, do some search, bet you find an inexpensive module that will leave it off.
^^^^^^^^^ DITTO ^^^^^^^^^^^ AND :welcome:

OP
OP
Silver21Ram

Silver21Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Thanks guys for everything!
I'll probably just keep hitting the button to turn it off. I'm old school and you just deal with it! I like to keep it all OEM, besides, I bought the whole truck, stop/start included.
Love the yellow Ram !!

Guitarest

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been reading here for years but not registered to post until today.
My first Ram was a 2005 Laramie.Traded it on a 2019 Quad Cab. The '05 had only 64,000 miles after 14 years. I got 10 grand for it.
Never spent anything on it except regular maintenance and a brake job. I got 50,000 miles on the factory Goodyear's.
At the time of trading, it had a leaking water pump, power steering fluid leaks everywhere and rear wheel opening rust on both sides.

I just traded the 2019 with only 14,000 miles on a new loaded 2021 Ram 1500 Crew Bighorn 5.7 etorque.

I'm enjoying reading about what everyone is saying about the 2021 etorque. I'm only getting 12 mpg at best around town but I did get 19 on my first road trip from Indianapolis to Alabama. I am remembering to turn off the Stop-Start while driving. Aside from not liking it, this has got to be hard on some engine components. Just my opinion.
Many share the same opinion. I just purchased a 21 Laramie Night Edition and refused to even look at trucks with that “$&!?$!%£?!” Etorque. So I have a simple alternator on the front of my engine. Congrats on the truck

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thanks guys for everything!
I'll probably just keep hitting the button to turn it off. I'm old school and you just deal with it! I like to keep it all OEM, besides, I bought the whole truck, stop/start included.
Love the yellow Ram !!
I have a 4th gen Ram that does not have auto stop/start but my company truck is an F150. I noticed that when I plug my trailer into the 4 wire or 7 wire plug on my F150, it disables the start/stop. So….I put a couple lights on my BackRack and plugged them into my 4 wire plug. Auto start/stop is completely disabled now. Not sure if Ram trucks will do the same

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My Work has small fleet of F150's (150 or so) Everyone hates that stop/start
Made sure when I got ordered my Ram, I didn't have it.

Had/have on other cars/suv. annoying when your in stop/go traffic and ac keeps going off.