New & Old Ram Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Recently traded in the 2wd 09 Laramie I have been driving for the last decade.... 140k on the odometer, for a new 2017 Tradesman 4x4 w/ dealer installed Pro Comp 6" lift & wheels. Had a lifetime powertrain warranty on the prior & got the same on this one after a week of holding out & passing on good offers. Also negotiated having factory remote start added as that was a feature I would have missed from the Laramie. Got a great deal, my 09 + 25K out the door.

Fricken love everything about this Tradesman, no carpet FTW. Also a fan of the vinyl seats... couldn't tell a difference from the leather in my Laramie & I'm thinking they will wear a hell of a lot better. Finding out about the transfer case benefit of the Tradesman over the higher trims was a nice plus as well. Found this forum while researching what I was missing in not having the 4wd auto option.... never have I been happier about missing out on an "upgrade", lol. No mods planned other than the 6 inch Diode Dynamics LED fog light kit (mount wear tow hooks should be) & their SL1 hi & low beam LED upgrade bulbs that I already have on order. Might do a Flowmaster catback as well. LOVE the 8spd, very noticeable improvement.

Enjoying my time on this forum, impressive community of contributors.... haven't run across any dip****tery which says much given most forums these days.

Old Ride

20180402_193631_zpssna1ijkm.jpg

New Ride

20180410_141804_zpszlblqana.jpg

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum. Congrats on the new truck!