New RAM Owner 2018 Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

671M5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hey guys,

I just picked up a new to me 2018 RAM Power Wagon in pretty good condition. The interior is in great shape, and it has everything I was looking for except the sunroof (but I can deal without one). The cooled seats are perfect for the climate here in Guam, so they will get used daily. The truck only has 38k miles on it, and the previous owner never took it off-road, or used any of the features like lockers, winch, ect, which is a huge plus for me! I am literally cleaning the dust off of the 4x4 systems!

On that note, the lockers and sway bar disconnects don't engage/disengage, so that and the ABS fault will be my 1st non-cosmetic fixes. Cosmetically the exterior paint shows some dulling, and the clearcoat is fading/chipping away on the top edges of the bed, ramboxes, and roof. I am hoping I can sand these areas and re-clear them before the basecoat gets too damaged from exposure. Looks like I may have caught it in time, so hopefully that works out, and I don't have to repaint the truck for a few years.

So far I am loving this truck, and having owned GM's previously (both 4x4 with off-road setups, and 2wd lowered sport trucks), I can't wait to test it's capabilities. Looking forward to getting all of the kinks out, and getting it up to standard so I can have a real opinion to share. It seems some of these issues I am experiencing are common, and I have had a hard time finding solutions. 1. The dreaded ABS fault that keeps pinging intermittently 2. The non-working diff lockers and sway bar, and 3. The Steering can get jerky on long sweeping turns.

I am hoping the community can help me figure these issues out eventually, and I can share more.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 8

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Welcome and congrats! There is a power wagon section on this forum that could answer some of your questions. Post this same intro in that section and you might get some responses. It’s weird that your lockers and sway bar are not working. You might get some great input on that issue.

OP
OP
671M5

671M5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Welcome and congrats! There is a power wagon section on this forum that could answer some of your questions. Post this same intro in that section and you might get some responses. It’s weird that your lockers and sway bar are not working. You might get some great input on that issue.
Awesome, Thanks!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys,

I just picked up a new to me 2018 RAM Power Wagon in pretty good condition. The interior is in great shape, and it has everything I was looking for except the sunroof (but I can deal without one). The cooled seats are perfect for the climate here in Guam, so they will get used daily. The truck only has 38k miles on it, and the previous owner never took it off-road, or used any of the features like lockers, winch, ect, which is a huge plus for me! I am literally cleaning the dust off of the 4x4 systems!

On that note, the lockers and sway bar disconnects don't engage/disengage, so that and the ABS fault will be my 1st non-cosmetic fixes. Cosmetically the exterior paint shows some dulling, and the clearcoat is fading/chipping away on the top edges of the bed, ramboxes, and roof. I am hoping I can sand these areas and re-clear them before the basecoat gets too damaged from exposure. Looks like I may have caught it in time, so hopefully that works out, and I don't have to repaint the truck for a few years.

So far I am loving this truck, and having owned GM's previously (both 4x4 with off-road setups, and 2wd lowered sport trucks), I can't wait to test it's capabilities. Looking forward to getting all of the kinks out, and getting it up to standard so I can have a real opinion to share. It seems some of these issues I am experiencing are common, and I have had a hard time finding solutions. 1. The dreaded ABS fault that keeps pinging intermittently 2. The non-working diff lockers and sway bar, and 3. The Steering can get jerky on long sweeping turns.

I am hoping the community can help me figure these issues out eventually, and I can share more.

Thanks!
Welcome to the community. Not sure of shipping to Guam, but Benny at All Mopar Parts in our vendor section might be a good place to start if you need parts.

OP
OP
671M5

671M5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thanks everyone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads