New Owner/Very Frustrated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Don't let em tell you anything else. Dealers can be hit or miss.
Force the issue that it's time for a new truck. You just got unlucky. The next one will be as rockin as the rest of ours. :)

This.

The one thing you have going for you is that RAM has zero tolerance for lemons, I have learned this myself with a Cummins issue where they loaded mine up two weeks ago and trailered it straight to Cummins. Problem solved and I got it back nine days later good as new.

Just be nice, be willing to listen, but be firm and they will bend. They want happy customers who buy new trucks every couple years.

My stealership even pays me $75 bucks everytime I give them a new customer who drives out with a new vehicle.

If you are unable to finagle a new truck out of them, make a call to your Chrysler/RAM rep and have them weigh in. Dealerships have two things they do not want:
1) Bad survey reviews
2) Losing arbitration by the rep.

Both hurt their service star rating. Best of luck.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Also, remember that ALL brand names have these types of issues. My neighbor had purchased a 2011 Mercedes Benz CLS AMG in Traverse City. That car had trouble with blowing the head gasket twice, result: New car replaced his eight week old one.

Now a year later he has had zero issues and loves his car. **** happens when humans build things.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Also, remember that ALL brand names have these types of issues... **** happens when humans build things.

+1 Customer service is everything!! I went through a similar situation with Nissan and a '04 Titan. Now I drive a RAM and have a dealer that stands behind their product.

Last edited:

shadango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well head tech put a new abs module on that did not fix the abs problem. So they got on the phone with Chrysler and I received a call today saying they traced it back to a wiring issue and it was ready. Picked it up drive 1/2mile service 4wd, traction control and abs lights came back on. Drive back to the dealers and will be meeting a with the owner tomorrow. At this point it's time for a new truck. It has been 21 total days at the shop and I have now returned it 4 times for the same issue. I guess we will see how much Chrysler stands behind there product.

What really bugs me is when the techs replace something and then just say "ok, its done" and never really took it out and tried it. I have been there done that with all 3 US makes -- if the problem starts within a couple miles of leaving the dealership, that tells me they never bothered to do a test drive at all!

shadango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does not seen like Chrysler is going to make this easy they are going to try and make me take my truck back.

I once had an issue with a chevy dealer....long story short: Bough the car with what they said were just rain spots....turns out it was ACID RAIN spots and would not come out. They said the ywould repaint it...I said "I didnt pay all the money for a brand new car to have a repainted car." They fought me. I sent a lawyer letter to the CEO of GM, CCing the owner of the dealership. Within a week I had a brand new car.

Chrysler fought me tooth and nail years back when the paint on my 4 year old Dakota was peeling.....I didnt give in and got a complete strip and repaint....

Just hang in there.

What I could never get is that if you buy anything from a $5 pair of socks to a $2,000 flat screen at Walmart, they take it back if it is a dud.

But you spend $40k and its a dud, and you are expected to eat it.

I just dont get that.

Crossing my fingers for you! Happy with my Big Horn so far (2400 miles)....hoping that continues.

OP
OP
E

express12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I am trying to stay positive, I received a call from Chrysler today and was told that if the problem was not resolved by end of business tomorrow they would send my case for review for a replacement truck. Apparently the review can take a week. I also received a call from the service manager at the dealership who I think is as frustrated as I am. He told me that Chrysler had him switch the too front tires to see if the circumstance of the tire was off causing an issue. So he rest the computer and switched the tire and wheel. He does not think they fixed anything, now they have driven it 50 miles and the lights have not come back on but he believes they will. So the manager is going to take the truck home tonight and he is actually hoping the lights come back on.

OneShot201

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Express - Mineral Gray
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well for anyone who is actually reading this I called the dealer before they closed and was told they had not heard anything more from Chrysler. Dealer did say they worked on the truck all day with a tech at Chrysler still can't figure out the problem. At this point typing is more of a way to relieve stress. I am currently on vacation so I have to much time to think about how I do not have my truck to drive and have another payment coming up next week. Chrysler just give me a different truck I would say new truck but my truck is new.

I am still following along with you! Always want to see a new Ram owner (like myself) taken care of.
I am with the school of thought that I would be raising hell, maybe even getting an attorney involved. This sounds like complete ********, the dealer should just give you another truck without a thought, let them fight with Chrysler over it, should not be the customers problem. Keep us informed please.

Bronco628

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
express 12... I had a few problems both electrical and mechanical. I went back so many times that they just let me explain the situation to their techs now. I swear those yelp reviews were dead on. So far it is the only reason things were replaced correctly.

OP
OP
E

express12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
next chapter

Well as mentioned in an earlier post the tech had the dealer switch the front tires and reset the computer now the lights will not come back on.The manager at the dealership said they did not fix anything and if there was something wrong with the tire it should cause a sensor reading on the other side. Now I am in limbo the dealership does not want to give the truck back which us fine by me I do not want it back now Chrysler won't return my calls. I am now on my 3 rd case manger and still no truck. If something does not happen by Monday I will be contacting my Lawyer I have given Chrysler the chance to make this right.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I know you feel like this :emotions122: Try this instead :happy160: It will all work out for the best.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Isn't it just a fuzzy feeling when your chrysler rep will no longer talk to you?
LOL I know the feeling. No one from chrysler is allowed to talk to me.
Talk to my attorney BEACHES!

OP
OP
E

express12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well all my paperwork is together the truck has technically been returned 3 times. The tech told me they did not fix anything but since they switched the front tires the lights have not come back on. They really do not want to give me the truck back because they no it's only a matter of time before the lights come back on and that will be the forth and final time. Lemon law says that it must be returned 4 times for the same issue or be in the shop for 30 total days does not have to be consecutive days. That's why the dealer shop is giving it back because they are almost at 30 days. So Chrysler has offered to pay my last months payment and given me a full tank of fuel for all my trouble. I still can't believe they would not give me a new truck. The dealership put on more miles test driving it then I have put on it. Anyway this is the end until the lights come back on. Thank you everyone for your posts.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Best of luck and I hope the lights don't come back on.

Chrysler oughta make the payment since one of their dealers pretty much had the truck for month. Doesn't seem like a real tangible return.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Welcome to RF. Sounds like you just got a ****. All vehicles have them, they were just lucky enough to get all the faulty parts. I'm sorry for ya man, hope the fix it, or lemon it and give you a nice new one.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wow....I'd grab it and burn it....oooppsss

duckdog9608

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My 2012 has similar issues but so far confined to the TPMS sensor light.
Has 3500 miles on it now, been to dealership 3 times and again tomorrow.
First they replaced all 4 wheel sensors and then the wireless control module.
The light flashes and chimes at start up, for a min or so then goes solid...
the book staes this is a malfunction in the system, but they cant find it yet...
Dont give up on your choice to go MOPAR, I have had them my entire life in one way or another....

Burntfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I honestly wouldn't have taken it back. There is no way they can say it won't have future problems. Best of luck to you.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
THis has me kind of worried now
Just a week or two ago my dad said his service 4wd light came on and shut back off
He went to the dealer and the truck didnt store the code

Best of luck to you in what ever should happen in your case!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdog57