New Ram Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you trying to make the mirrors power fold in? I'm actually doing that on my Express next week. Got some power folding tow mirrors on the way and 2 DPDT switches. The main mirror harness will plug right in and then you just have to tap the green and yellow wires to make the mirrors fold in and out. Let me know if this is what you're talking about ...was thinking of doing a write up with pics so everyone would know how to do it without buying all the new door modules and the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@dtlasic , my shorty antenna works great , no diff at all in am /FM reception .
It's been a while , but the one I have is 10-12 inches long and the name brand was something like Craving Speed ?

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
13 - 16 the milage is stored in two places and one of which is in the cluster .
You still have to get the milage changed to match your old cluster or just sneak up on it and install your new 7" premium cluster.

I was not aware of having to set up the milage. Guess I stand corrected.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love the color!

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Are you trying to make the mirrors power fold in? I'm actually doing that on my Express next week. Got some power folding tow mirrors on the way and 2 DPDT switches. The main mirror harness will plug right in and then you just have to tap the green and yellow wires to make the mirrors fold in and out. Let me know if this is what you're talking about ...was thinking of doing a write up with pics so everyone would know how to do it without buying all the new door modules and the switch.

What mirrors did you get?I've been searching high and low for sport mirrors
but can't get them.
Nice looking truck Dtlasic great mods.You have done everything i wish i could afford to do to mine.I have a 2002 ram just sitting there with the hemi sport groun d effects on it,I'm going to see if i can get it to fit my new ram and cut and weld exhaust to fit it.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was not aware of having to set up the milage. Guess I stand corrected.
No worries Sir , problem is if you do not match the mileage EXACTLY , when and if the vehicle is ever at the dealer it could be easily discovered by them because the dealer normally scans the vehicle for pertinent information and they are getting the mileage via the BCM storage I belive , so if the tech notices a mileage difference from the log sheet he's working off of this could void warranty and turn into a DOT violation.

Unfortunately the cluster mileage doesn't automatically populate via the BCM stored memory. This is the reason I haven't upgraded my cluster yet . I would've had one a long time ago if I could just plug it in and and the mileage populate ...

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love the red--you are indeed ambitious with all those great upgrades. Great price on the truck too. Bet that single cab flies!!

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What mirrors did you get?I've been searching high and low for sport mirrors

but can't get them.

Nice looking truck Dtlasic great mods.You have done everything i wish i could afford to do to mine.I have a 2002 ram just sitting there with the hemi sport groun d effects on it,I'm going to see if i can get it to fit my new ram and cut and weld exhaust to fit it.

I found a guy on another forum that wrecked his truck that has the power fold tow mirrors. I like the looks of the sport mirrors but need the tow mirrors for my trailer. PITA towing in city traffic with the miniature mirrors that came on my Express lol

kennewbike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Good looking truck.

The newer trucks don't store the mileage in the cluster anymore. It's stored in the BCM, so you can swap out whenever & still have the correct mileage displayed.

That is not true. I installed an upgraded "premium" cluster on my 2016 Ram and it showed different miles then the one I took out. The one I took out had 3500 miles and the new one has 100. My odometer only displayed to new 100 miles.

OP
OP
dtlasic

dtlasic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@dtlasic , my shorty antenna works great , no diff at all in am /FM reception .
It's been a while , but the one I have is 10-12 inches long and the name brand was something like Craving Speed ?

Thanks, RLK for this information. I also forgot to mention I added the Upper Glove Box and a glove box light. Sure enhances that good looking dash. I'll be searching for a good buy on that shorty antenna as well.:favorites13:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is not true. I installed an upgraded "premium" cluster on my 2016 Ram and it showed different miles then the one I took out. The one I took out had 3500 miles and the new one has 100. My odometer only displayed to new 100 miles.
3ea places I'm aware of that can change the mileage , idle hrs and driving hours are :

Instrumentclusterstore.com (ICS)

ODO-PRO.com

TV and Nav 2Go ph. 718)763-7367

TV and Nav 2Go & ICS seem to be the preferred places .

Hope this helps !

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Nice mods, and nice looking truck. Nice color too

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
3ea places I'm aware of that can change the mileage , idle hrs and driving hours are :

Instrumentclusterstore.com (ICS)

ODO-PRO.com

TV and Nav 2Go ph. 718)763-7367

TV and Nav 2Go & ICS seem to be the preferred places .

Hope this helps !

Thanks. This was helpful. Got a new cluster on the way and need to have it set to match