New Ram Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shift_dad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to our family is a 2015 Ram 1500 ST 5.7 Hemi 6.4 Bed. Single/Regular cab 2 wheel drive. It was used as a grandpas tug boat and has some interesting upgrades, it was ordered with no power interior, but painted bumpers, color matched snug top, and upgraded stereo as well as tailgate. It has been a long time since I have had a crush on a vehicle, but she swept me off my feet. When I bought her, she had 3 different rims on her and 2 different tire types. I luckily found some stocks (LT265/70-17") with rubber on them in my budget and she now rolls flat (and the sensors work!). There are 3 cameras and a carpet kit in the bed and the side steps are after market. Future plans? 4" suspension lift and LT285/65-20"s, a flowmaster and learn how to use this Clarion deck and all these cameras...

Dads 2015 Ram ST.jpg

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking truck! I'm surprised to see any kind of 2wd that far North but I suppose if your tires are ready for ice you'll get around fine. My wife commutes in winter in her Mustang, just got a second set of wheels we swap over at the right time.

OP
OP
shift_dad

shift_dad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This will be my first rear wheel drive up here haha. I'm planning on a new set of winter tires, the rears studded by November. I need 2x steel rims to match 2 that came on it. Then the old winter rears will be my new fronts, and then the new studded set for the rear. OH, and some weight for the back. The last 4 years I have run a FWD Lexus as my winter beater, so hoping this can work now. I put about 3000km a year on my work vehicle, hoping to baby it the same way and not visit the ditch or windrow often! I doubt it will ever get a lift (the leveling kit maybe but I'm fond of the rake).

OP
OP
shift_dad

shift_dad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
haha Thats what I meant - I mention the lift as a pipe dream. Down the road and after the warranty wears off. Priorities this year: Winter Tires. Next year, exhaust. There is a guy around corner from me that has a 2wd Chevy Reg Cab on a little lift with 33"s. Has a stadium racer look to it. I wouldn't mind if mine looked similar. He has these gnarly bumpers on it with hangers everywhere lol.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking truck. I dont know where you're located but I have an extra set of stock 20" rims with lug nuts and center caps that I'll gladly sell for a reasonable price. I got them from a buddy who put aftermarket wheels on his Ram. My goal when getting his stock trims was to mount snow tires on them and swap them back and forth seasonally but that never happened. I just traded mine in for a new 2021 and the rim's wont fit so now I have no use for them.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A very nice looking regular cab. Maybe a Trutrac for the rear if it doesn't already have limited slip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990