Next Gen PW - air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbprof

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there any trending thoughts or substantial rumors about the next gen PW's suspension? As the thread title suggests, I'm specifically curious whether or not it's conceivable for a beefed up version of the gen5 half-ton's air suspension to find its way into the next PW. While air suspension may not ideal for some of the PW's use cases, it would go a long way to helping those with bum knees, hips or backs get in & out of the truck as we age ungracefully:)

Chrisy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Having traded my '16 rebel for a '17 power wagon, I can attest to the lowering capability of air suspension. With that said the power wagon comes with everything the rebel lacks. I would not trade a single feature just to have the truck lower two inches. Every mod I did to the rebel was standard or an option on the power wagon, like the winch as an example. The power wagon IS a rebel on steroids and I would not have it any other way.

Chrisy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Having bad knees, hips, and, back, I'm confined to a wheelchair now having suffered multiple airborne combat injuries. You are right, it's not gracefull in any way. I do however, come up with fantastic work arounds to allow me to enjoy the power wagon. image.jpegimage.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jbprof

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^there is a whole basket full of amazing on display in those photos. Bravo!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Christy, Glad to see that you are making a work around to enjoy your Power Wagon. My 94 year old mother-in law with both knees having had surgery and only walks with a walker is able to to get into our Power Wagon via a Gorilla brand aluminum work platform. So do my 92 year old step Mom and my 91 year old WWII veteran father use that stand.

Last edited: