No voltage to Rear window Defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggacejvg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I recently noticed that the rear window defroster in my 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie was not working. While troubleshooting I found that the drivers side button had come off the window and the wire was just floating there. I attempted to solder the button back on, but was unsuccessful. I ended up going with a 2 part epoxy repair kit designed to reattach defroster tabs back to the window, that was successful. I checked and have continuity from each button to the grid. I then re-attached the wires and tried the rear defroster.

Still nothing.

At this point I removed the wires from the buttons again and checked for voltage. This is where I found I have no voltage to my rear window. During my initial trouble shooting the checked the fuse, I noted that the heated mirrors are working correctly (however I'm not even sure the heated mirrors and rear window are on the same fuse) and that I have continuity across the defroster grid.

Any suggestions on where to go from here, or what else I may have missed?

Thanks,

robbcrabtree

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, I am literally in the exact same boat. Step by step. You get any closer with yours?

robbcrabtree

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if it is just one relay for the heated mirrors and rear defrost. My heated mirrors work, so I wouldn't think that is the issue if they are combined.

OP
OP
B

Biggacejvg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I haven’t resolved this yet, going to continue my troubleshooting in a week or two once I have some more free time.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t resolved this yet, going to continue my troubleshooting in a week or two once I have some more free time.

Check the service manuals listed below.
One of them should be close enough to be useful. :cool: