Leaking rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eduardo521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
During a rain storm, I have been experiencing water leaks from my rear window area. I cannot pinpoint where it is coming in from. I'm willing to have my window deals replaced now that my truck is 25 years old. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, what was the solution, without having perma-bond tape all over the place.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Your truck is 25 years old? Does it have a slider window?

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
During a rain storm, I have been experiencing water leaks from my rear window area. I cannot pinpoint where it is coming in from. I'm willing to have my window deals replaced now that my truck is 25 years old. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, what was the solution, without having perma-bond tape all over the place.
You'll have to check them all, but there are a few common leak points.

A couple of questions. Where do you actually see the water? Do you see water at the window or at the floor? That helps narrow it down.

If you see it on the floor or see a stained headliner, these are the most likely culprits, in my opinion, in this order:

1) Third brake light (arguably the most common)
2) Rear exhauster vents (cab vents.. one on each side behind the rear seat)
3) Sharkfin antenna
4) Rear window (see below)

If you see it directly at the bottom of the window:
1) Rear window frame may be cracked
2) Drain holes at the rear window may be blocked

All of these are searchable on the forums. Most everyone has had some leak issue. I've not experienced the rear window leak but the 3rd brake light and cab vents are the first things I check/replace on every 4th gen Ram I buy.

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Search function on this here forum has many reasons ,take a look .