o2 sensor codes after Long tube header install 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramitupyour

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
has anyone had any issues after long tube header install with high flow cats. I got a CEL right after install and coded for bank 1 sensor 2 so I checked the harness extensions and they rang out fine. replaced that sensor with a Bosch sensor and then it threw 3 o2 sensor codes for bank 1 sensor 1 but none for bank 1 sensor 2 which originally had a code.
p0133 o2 sensor 1/1 slow response
p0032 o2 sensor 1/1 heater circuit high

truck runs fine maybe a little rough at idle.
will a tune fix this issue, I was trying to wait until I got finished with my build and dyno tune it instead of preload but I haver to occasionally drive the truck.
Any advice appreciated thank you.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
has anyone had any issues after long tube header install with high flow cats. I got a CEL right after install and coded for bank 1 sensor 2 so I checked the harness extensions and they rang out fine. replaced that sensor with a Bosch sensor and then it threw 3 o2 sensor codes for bank 1 sensor 1 but none for bank 1 sensor 2 which originally had a code.
p0133 o2 sensor 1/1 slow response
p0032 o2 sensor 1/1 heater circuit high

truck runs fine maybe a little rough at idle.
will a tune fix this issue, I was trying to wait until I got finished with my build and dyno tune it instead of preload but I haver to occasionally drive the truck.
Any advice appreciated thank you.
You could try a set of these under the rear O2's as an interm fix.Just an FYI alot of tuners won't delete the rear O2's anymore,you might have to use HP and delete them yourself.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I get the slow response code frequently with my truck. It's usually bank 2 sensor 1. I've replaced all sensors with new Mopar sensors and still get the code occasionally.
As @Wild one indicated, I went into HP tuners and turned it off from settings the check engine light.

I'm tuned and supercharged, so I'm not certain why it occurs. It doesn't appear to harm anything

jshade07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2013 Ram 1500 Standard cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I just put on LT and picked up the HP interface. Still figuring things out. Could through me a bone on what parameters you adjusted. Along with the LTs and Varaam Intake its popping the DTCs for cats. I know its from running lean and I need to adjust the air/gas. Being that I just started with HP and learning there knowledge. I was wondering if you have installed or know anything about there wideband o2 sensors? They make it sound like its Ice cream on hot summer day. By the way you got a hell a build. I bet that took a lot of, God Dammit's!. I've just started and kinda stuck in the fork of the road between stroking my 5.7 or swapping to the 6.4. Leaning towards. breaking the 5.7 down cause I'm partial to small blocks and never cracked a Hemi before

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357