OBD II Bluetooth Monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemiginger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a Bafx OBD II Bluetooth monitor hoping to monitor my trans temp. I purchased the OBD Fusion app (recommended by manufacturer) and the trans temp gauge is not on the standard gauge options.. I have found on other forums that I need a custom PID to read the trans, but it requires an equation and other information.. if anyone has info on this, I would appreciate it..
2004 Ram 1500 5.7 4x4

Bloody_Knuckles

USN 81-86
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I believe a PID encoder allows you to change the parameters in a closed loop control. It is NOT something you want to mess with. Trust me, I'm an electrical controls engineer and those parameters are precisely calculated based on a mathematical model of the system. I spent many, many hours modeling control systems.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe a PID encoder allows you to change the parameters in a closed loop control. It is NOT something you want to mess with. Trust me, I'm an electrical controls engineer and those parameters are precisely calculated based on a mathematical model of the system. I spent many, many hours modeling control systems.
Hes just basically asking for the code to get the reader he has to show trans temp. Unfortunately I don’t know it off the top of my head. I think there’s a thread around here somewhere with all the codes for various sensors.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Shouldn't need that on an 04, the Intercepter gauge I have on my A pillar in my 03 reads trans temp