OEM amplifier location???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewdiesel12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know the location of the factory amplifier? I will be purchasing it, along with the wiring harness (hooking up the oem sub to my factory radio). I can’t find anything online, and was told by a dodge tech that it should be located under the drivers side of the dash. Any help and pictures would be much appreciated!!!! Thanks everyone.

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep a little black box with fins, should have 2 plugs going into it. One black plug and one larger white plug. That's for the alpine system at least.

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really a "little black box"... its got to be at least 10 inches by 5 inches by 1-1/4" thick... It's got an aluminum bracket on it that has two screws which mount to the big plate at the top of the emergency brake, and one more screw which goes into the tube above that which is part of the dash frame. For my install the screw hole in the dash tune just wouldn't line up, so I left it out.

I put the Alpine Amp and wiring into mine along with all 3 dash speakers, and the two roof speakers and the sub-woofer. Doing the wiring took a while, especially the section in the dash between the amp and the stereo, as it takes an "S" bend on the right side of the cluster and around the heater box, that's the toughest spot of running the wiring, the rest is easy.