OEM Mopar 2" Lift vs Fox 3" lift vs RC 2" leveling struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 5th Gen
Engine
3.6L
Looking for options on 2019 Ram 1500 2WD Big Horn, small lift or Leveling kit , thinking of going with 33" to 34" to Tires

I recently sold my 2020 ram Classic with a 4-1/2" lift seen here to get better gas mileage and didn't like the ride after the lift with the Load F tires :

I see great reviews on the OEM Mopar 2" lift kit, and their newer version seems to get it more level from what I understand . Local Dodge just quoted me $2,039.00 installed
with the fox shocks. It also comes with UCA's which I like

Fox also makes a 3" lift similar that comes with UCA's for about the same price

I also thought about using RC leveling struts and pairing it up with some Zone UCA's to help with the angles

I'm getting 21+ city and 23 highway with the 6CYL Eco engine, and do all city/ highway driving, 0 offroad

I all ready installed the AMP Research power running boards so it's easier at 53 years old to get in and out when I do decide which way to go

Please share your photos and opinions to help me make a good decision

I'm really torn between the leveling struts by RC, and the 2" OEM Mopar lift with fox shock. I really like to keep the ride quality that it has now

Thanks for your help

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Looking for options on 2019 Ram 1500 2WD Big Horn, small lift or Leveling kit , thinking of going with 33" to 34" to Tires

I recently sold my 2020 ram Classic with a 4-1/2" lift seen here to get better gas mileage and didn't like the ride after the lift with the Load F tires :

I see great reviews on the OEM Mopar 2" lift kit, and their newer version seems to get it more level from what I understand . Local Dodge just quoted me $2,039.00 installed
with the fox shocks. It also comes with UCA's which I like

Fox also makes a 3" lift similar that comes with UCA's for about the same price

I also thought about using RC leveling struts and pairing it up with some Zone UCA's to help with the angles

I'm getting 21+ city and 23 highway with the 6CYL Eco engine, and do all city/ highway driving, 0 offroad

I all ready installed the AMP Research power running boards so it's easier at 53 years old to get in and out when I do decide which way to go

Please share your photos and opinions to help me make a good decision

I'm really torn between the leveling struts by RC, and the 2" OEM Mopar lift with fox shock. I really like to keep the ride quality that it has now

Thanks for your help
What are your current measurements? Did your truck come with the off road package? I would look into the Billstein 6112’s if you want a level and better ride.

OP
OP
F

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I had the billstein 5100's on my Chevy to level it and they really firmed up the front end
I always thought they were a good on off road , but for someone who strictly drives on road I never had Fox's, but I've read there a softer ride then the Billstien's?
I havnt considered them because I thought they would give the truck to firm of a ride
I'll look into them
Also I saw there not like the RC where they come assembled strut and shock
Looks like you need a spring compressor for the Billstien 6100's?
Thanks for the suggestion

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I had the billstein 5100's on my Chevy to level it and they really firmed up the front end
I always thought they were a good on off road , but for someone who strictly drives on road I never had Fox's, but I've read there a softer ride then the Billstien's?
I havnt considered them because I thought they would give the truck to firm of a ride
I'll look into them
Yeah the 6112’s are a completely different animal than the 5100’s. Hit up @Nick@GotExhaust he can set you up with the Fox kit. That would be at the top of the list. Bilstein 6112’s second on the list

MrKelly

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ETorque
Thanks for the question; following since I am considering the same aside from me having 4X4 and getting 19mpg

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah the 6112’s are a completely different animal than the 5100’s. Hit up @Nick@GotExhaust he can set you up with the Fox kit. That would be at the top of the list. Bilstein 6112’s second on the list

As always great advice by @Quick_Shifter . The Fox 2.0 coil overs have a great ride and should be considered, next up are the 6112's. The 5100's are a good entry level option to level a RAM but should not be considered as an upgrade. They ride a bit firm, too firm for some.

I'll look into them
Let me know if we can help find a set up for you and offer you a quote. Send me a message if you need anything

OP
OP
F

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
As always great advice by @Quick_Shifter . The Fox 2.0 coil overs have a great ride and should be considered, next up are the 6112's. The 5100's are a good entry level option to level a RAM but should not be considered as an upgrade. They ride a bit firm, too firm for some.

Let me know if we can help find a set up for you and offer you a quote. Send me a message if you need anything
Message sent Nick thank you