OEM or Aftermarket wheel bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There's some articles where guy lube the "sealed" bearings through the ABS port and getting 400K out of them.
Can't verify the amount of mileage but doing this was quite popular over on an EcoDiesel forum. Use one of those rubber grease gun tips. No reported issues with the ABS system.

BLUEDERANGO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Use the TIMKINS , they are available on e-bay for less than $150 and they come with a lifetime warranty.. The guy that paid $720 for factory ones, not sure what he was thinking..

OP
OP
AlexC2350

AlexC2350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think you did the smart thing. If I could not get Timken or sks I'd break down and go factory as well. 1k isn't to bad considering the weight of the trucks and tires. Especialy if you have any type of mods or wheels with different offset. I miss the days of inner and outer bearings that could be serviced and support the load better than a single sealed outer bearing. I do understand dealers going thos route though with the lack of maintenance vehicles often get.

I’ll install them myself so really I’m saving money still. I have had 295/70 cooper at3 on it pretty much the whole time and plan to stick with them. So that could contribute to them wearing a tad faster than I would’ve liked.

OP
OP
AlexC2350

AlexC2350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Use the TIMKINS , they are available on e-bay for less than $150 and they come with a lifetime warranty.. The guy that paid $720 for factory ones, not sure what he was thinking..
I would’ve loved to use timkens. Just none available anywhere. Both my inlaws retired from timken too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat