OEM power windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemiangel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am new to this forum and believe read all the rules and hope im posting this on the right thread but i have a 2016 single cab tradesman it didnt come with oem power window but the used dealer installed some after market ones which have been fine for the past 3 years a couple trip outs but so far alright. Pretty much wanted to find every part id need to convert my truck to a oem power windows i know id need the switch of course and harness but any help where to buy or if you have any parts for sale let me know appreciate any help or advise thank you

carlos_m_96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
By any chance have you found anything for the oem power window. I’m looking to do oem power windows on my ram

RamBDSlifted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Been having some minor issues with my DRIVERS DOOR WINDOW so IVE been researching to fix it myself ,
for your window mod just off the top of my head you will need:
The switches for both windows
DD and passenger door modules
Wiring Harnesses to both and to the CannBuss

The window regulator and motor comes as one unit for both windows
Locking mechanism for the auto locks
Sounds like a lot but it really isn’t
I would think the wiring dealing with the fuses relays Can buss will be the fun part or maybe there is away to bypass that part idk
Good luck
hope this helps
Let me know if you’d like the wiring diagram for DD I could post it for you

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have no suggestions, but with all the issues I had with power windows, I would go to manual crank style windows in a heartbeat. Clean, simple. and trouble free.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I did this on my 17 Tradesman I sold to a friend who like me grew to hate the manual windows, but he didn't want to buy another truck. we also added power locks, and mirrors. With that truck it had none, zilch, zero, absolutely nothing of the wires that works this stuff from the factory. What he had to do was buy the entire cab wire harness, regulators, door modules, obviosity door panels, door wire harnesses, and door latches.A note with the door latches is the passenger one does not have a connection for the outside lock, so you would have to get keyless romotes to be able to open that door from the outside. It was a verry involved process that took us 2.5 days working almost non stop. We had to completly gut the interior only leaving the dash, but if I did it again I would pull the dash cause it was a major PITA to get to some of the connestions behind it. I found a truck on Ebay that had all the options I was looking for, and used the VIN from that truck to order the parts. All told it was around $1,500 for everything some of it used. this was before covid, so I'd imagine that will be a bit higher today. If I were you unless you are really attached to that truck just traid it in for one that has power windows factory.