Old Ram in Richards, TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mvnolantx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought this beauty about a year ago. She would look like new if she got a clear coat. 1984 D250 with the 360, Prospector edition. My wife named her "Beatrice", which makes sense. Every Beatrice I have ever met had a big ole' wide backside. LOL I just replaced her entire coolant system, radiator, water pump, hoses, thermostat, the whole nine yards. Runs cool as a cucumber and now that she actually has a thermostat, the heater works!! Well, I'm Mark, and thanks for letting me join. My other vehicles are a Jeep FB_IMG_1626614149772.jpgWrangler and a motorcycle, so, yes, I'm always broke.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good looking truck! My dad recently got a Ramcharger!

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum!
That is an awesome beast of a truck. We'll help you get even more broke lol!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I bought this beauty about a year ago. She would look like new if she got a clear coat. 1984 D250 with the 360, Prospector edition. My wife named her "Beatrice", which makes sense. Every Beatrice I have ever met had a big ole' wide backside. LOL I just replaced her entire coolant system, radiator, water pump, hoses, thermostat, the whole nine yards. Runs cool as a cucumber and now that she actually has a thermostat, the heater works!! Well, I'm Mark, and thanks for letting me join. My other vehicles are a Jeep View attachment 465323Wrangler and a motorcycle, so, yes, I'm always broke.
I had one of those as my work truck from 1987 till 1998, had a mechanics bed on it. It had the 360 in it, retired it with around 335,000 miles when I got a new one in 1998. A Dodge 2500 of course, 360 engine, still have it with 489,000 and haven't driven it much since I got another work truck, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 in 2017.

OP
OP
mvnolantx

mvnolantx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's good to hear about how long yours lasted. Beatrice has 144k on her now. She runs like a top. She's just an old Sunday driver for the rest of her life though. The odd hardware store run, stuff like that. I need to have the AC fixed (compressor) and the seat recovered, paint the door panels and have her clear coated and she's perfect as far as I'm concerned. Just reminds me of my grandfathers d150 and my first vehicle, 86 Ram Charger. She was a heck of a deal for $1500. Got a buddy drunk and asked him what he would take for it, he said make an offer, so I did. He was mad the next day, but he honored it!