Overhead console wiring harness with compass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amglow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,

I am looking to add an overhead console with the compass to my 2015 Tradesman. Is there an OEM wiring harness available that I can source for this project?

OP
OP
A

amglow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Benny. Where can I find wiring diagrams for my 2015 Tradesman so I can tie the console wiring into the main harness properly. Also, is there a separate plug/harness for the compass module? I think it goes to my RA2 radio. Many thanks again and thank you for your patience with my newbie questions.

jmc921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Thanks Benny. Where can I find wiring diagrams for my 2015 Tradesman so I can tie the console wiring into the main harness properly. Also, is there a separate plug/harness for the compass module? I think it goes to my RA2 radio. Many thanks again and thank you for your patience with my newbie questions.
Don’t apologize for this post. I am researching doing exactly what you are for my 2014 Express. Mine came with the RA1 non-touch screen radio. I added the RA2 5.0” along with a back up camera. I would like to add a mic/speaker plus compass and the overhead console option seems like the cleanest option.

Anyone who has advice/experience with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the OP amglow.

jmc921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
In doing a little research, I see there is a compass/temperature module (68105822AB) and it appears that it installs into the front of the console. Is that correct? Also, is the best (only) option for a mic, the mirror microphone kit? Thanks again.

Also, I notice there are several options for the overhead console housing ranging in price from $116 to $328. What’s the difference and which one is right?

jmc921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Another question - can the compass module be installed without the console. I don’t really care about the lights and home link.

RZomerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just for reference, the wiring connections (if you don't want to do the entire harness thing)

1 & 2 are the + inputs (doesn't really matter which is which.. one is an always + input the other can be tapped from the dome light to auto switch on an dim the lights.
G is ground (-)

the always + wire can be also used for the small interior dome light so it is always on (see note from above for the glovebox power input)

my plan was to pull the central dome light wires (+/-) and then pull a wire from the harness behind the glove compartment box (where there is a connector for the glove box light (but in the tradesman not connected). I can run this single + wire directly through the A pillar into the headliner on the passenger side (or perhaps I can tap it off from the mirror connector?)

the only question remaining (need to test) is if this feed is ALWAYS on.. or if it switches off when the entire car switches off (after locking / 30 seconds) - as I don't want to run the risk of leaving these lights on and draining my battery

1700727102164.jpeg

The switches (white) essentially switch between the always + feed and the dome light feed (with dim) - so it would not connect the two circuits at any time