P000B & P000C after oil cooler on 3.6 pentastar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a CEL on my 2013 3.6l, P000B and P000C, which is a camshaft position slow response, but on both sides not just one (although only one side shows as confirmed in my scanner, not sure why). Planning on swapping the cam position actuators just to see if anything happens, but with codes for both sides at the same time I’m a bit confused.

This came on right after replacing the oil cooler, for which I removed the injectors (wasn’t thinking and thought I had to to get the intake manifold off). I don’t see a relation other then when it was cranking building back fuel pressure, possibly that confused the truck as to why it was not firing? Have cleared codes and they immediately returned.

EDIT: I also replaced the oil pressure sensor at that time which was bad, used a cheap aftermarket sensor and it reads most the time but seems to be slow to provide a reading. Possibly related?

IMG_9778.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
mrack

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cleared codes again and they didn’t come back, CEL is off. Love it when problems fix themselves, lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357