Need help oil pressure issue 2015 3.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skrat91101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 2015 tradesman that I got a good deal on but the guy said oil pump went out so figured I’d change the oil pump and see what it would do but I changed the pump and oil cooler but I’m still getting oil light after a few minutes of it running sounds good until the light comes on then it will start to chatter so I figure it’s actually hurt internally but didn’t know if there’s is something I’m missing

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I have a 2015 tradesman that I got a good deal on but the guy said oil pump went out so figured I’d change the oil pump and see what it would do but I changed the pump and oil cooler but I’m still getting oil light after a few minutes of it running sounds good until the light comes on then it will start to chatter so I figure it’s actually hurt internally but didn’t know if there’s is something I’m missing
I think I've heard that incorrectly installing the oil filter in the housing can cause a pressure issue. Have you checked it and/or ensured it's the correct filter? There is an earlier version of the oil filter that's incompatible with later 3.6 engines (but it fits).

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
when ya replaced the pump was the pickup tube clogged at all? also is the engine sludged up alot?

OP
OP
S

Skrat91101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the filter is the one that came with the cooler and the pick up tube didn’t look too bad but there was a good bit of sludge in the pan cleaned it out good and that’s another reason I changed the cooler thinking it might be clogged up or something

OP
OP
S

Skrat91101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So another question I’ve thought about is the timing chain tensioner if one broke would that cause any issues with the oil pressure

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat