PAC ap4-ch41 question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oilman77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
2015 quad cab alpine equipped truck. So over the next two weeks I’ll be upgrading all factory speakers(besides dash and sub for now) and installing some dynamat. Im wanting to redo everything and add two subs with everything amplified by after market amps. My brother is in between steroid builds while he restores a 79 bronco. So he is letting me borrow his amps. All I really need is an enclosure, 2 subs and the wiring. Now I know I will need an interface like this pac audio one. My questions is, once I install it can I just unhook the factory speaker connections and hook up the aftermarket amp connection? Will this mess with the signal the pac interface will receive? Normally it’s aftermarket hu which makes amping a car easy compared to this truck. I want to keep stock head unit cuz I like all the functions it provides. Mainly the gps and internet. I’ve searched and I can find where people install them in these truck but never a clear cut answer to my questions. Any help would be awesome.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The PAC intercepts the signal and splits off RCA outputs (while leaving the factory stuff fully functional). You feed those RCAs to the amps.

Then just switch the wires feeding whichever speakers you choose to the ones from the amps.

OctaneMatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are running new speaker wire from the amp to each new speaker then no, the extra harness is not needed. The harness is intended to allow you to feed a signal - using factory wires - from the stock amplifier's location. This would allow you to avoid fishing the wire through the, sometimes crowded, molex connectors in the doors.

An AmpPro would get you a preamp signal out of the factory head unit but it is a one way deal. you will need to run new wires from the new amp to the doors, or tap them at the factory amplifier.