Parking Light Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had a parking light out message for a couple months now.

I have recon LED tails and retrofitted headlights. My truck came factory with LED tails and projector headlights.

When I did my retrofit I added Diode Dynamic switchback boards and cut out the factory side parking light. I thought it was from possibly cutting the the side parking lights out but other's I have talked to have done the same thing and don't get any errors.

I have alphaOBD and I fixed every other light out error except this one. I've tried tons of different options but nothing worked.

I swapped my OEM tails back in, thinking it was the recons causing the problem, but the problem still persisted.

I'm getting the following errors:

B16BF - Front Left Sidemarker Lamp Control - Circuit Short To Battery Or Open
B16C3 - Front Right Sidemarker Lamp Control - Circuit Short To Battery Or Open

Any idea's on how to get this fixed? Could the switchback board be causing the problem?

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Yes the switchbacks can cause the issue. I've tested 3 different brands of bulbs on my 18 and they gave park light out. I set up a test fixture and found when the turn signal is turned on, the switchback completely shuts off the park side. On my 18 the BCM sees the park light current go to zero and throws the code. I wound up putting 300ohm resistors on parking lights so current wouldn't go to zero. Solved the problem.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat