Parksense

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1500LoneStar18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2015 Ram 1500 Lonestar - my issue is with my front parking sensors. Basically, when I am put my truck in drive and proceed down the road for 20 - 30 seconds, my front parksense light turns on and i receive a working that my front parking sensors need to be serviced. As I continue driving down the road and come to a stop (or at least close to another vehicle/object) the parksense light turns off and my parking sensors work again.

I have cleaned all of the sensors and I have checked the wiring harness for any obvious issues and I cant seem to find any. Anyone have any thoughts?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
2015 Ram 1500 Lonestar - my issue is with my front parking sensors. Basically, when I am put my truck in drive and proceed down the road for 20 - 30 seconds, my front parksense light turns on and i receive a working that my front parking sensors need to be serviced. As I continue driving down the road and come to a stop (or at least close to another vehicle/object) the parksense light turns off and my parking sensors work again.

I have cleaned all of the sensors and I have checked the wiring harness for any obvious issues and I cant seem to find any. Anyone have any thoughts?
Make sure none of the front Parksense sensors have any rock chips or large scratches in them. If you don't see any physical marks on the sensors it's time to get a scan tool connected to see which sensor is inadvertently seeing an object in front of it.

OP
OP
R

Ram1500LoneStar18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I made sure none of the sensors had any rock chips or scratches. I cleaned all 6 of them with a microfiber cloth. Does spray painting a sensor cause it to act this way?

The sensors recognize when objects are in front of me, however, when i back out of my drive way and start driving to work, the yellow light turns on and i receive the "Service Parksense" message. Typically, the message goes away once i stop at a red light and theres a car in front of me. The message does sometimes go in and out while i am driving.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I made sure none of the sensors had any rock chips or scratches. I cleaned all 6 of them with a microfiber cloth. Does spray painting a sensor cause it to act this way?

The sensors recognize when objects are in front of me, however, when i back out of my drive way and start driving to work, the yellow light turns on and i receive the "Service Parksense" message. Typically, the message goes away once i stop at a red light and theres a car in front of me. The message does sometimes go in and out while i am driving.
I have had mixed results with spray paint on the sensors. Some have worked as designed and some have freaked out. It's been a toss-up.