PCM Troubles - Replacement Urgently Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidevo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello guys,

I urgently need a coded PCM for a 2011 Ram 1500 5.7l. I'd drive countrywide to pick one up, but I have to have it before next week.

I'm from the UK and came out to the US and Canada to tour around with our 5th wheel. We love the Ram we bought to haul the rig, and we fell in love with the area of Maine we are currently staying.

After an alternator change at the local garage, we were told that the PCM needed reflashing at a dealer to reset the voltage regulator (ended up not being the case, unsurprisingly). The dealer confirmed no wiring issues and said I needed to order a new PCM. However, no PCM from the dealer until "at least November, maybe next year".

I need to leave by Tuesday next week however (I am only on a vacation visa!), so I urgently need to source a replacement PCM. Any ideas? The dealer said they would code me a PCM if I could bring them one, but after they charged me a fortune for telling me nothing I would rather source a plug and play myself.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 08.20.27.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 08.20.27.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
D

davidevo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you very much for the lead! I called both (both are the same company evidently), unfortunately they only repair and the lead time is too long to work unfortunately. The hunt for a PCM continues!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you get your PCM/TIPM coming?

There are a lot of them on Ebay in the $400 range. If you needed to you could find a seller which would do overnight shipping. 2010-2012 there were some issues with TIPM's, probably buying one proven or reconditioned like you're thinking is the best approach.

Hope you get it straightened out. I'm always a little nervous when a dealer says ya need a new PCM. But I guess in your situation, what else can ya do?

Circle back and let us know how your odyssey turned out.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never seen this issue before in 4th gens some older rams but still rare If you find a mechanic that knows what they are doing local shop not a dealer or chain they may be able to RIG a external regulator for now just to get you goin until you have time to diag it properly.

Few links on this tread that May help dont have time to watch vids rn,

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

davidevo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PCM should be arriving today, very eager to see if it works, but not going to lie, rather apprehensive of anything that claims to work out of the box! Let's see how we do!

Capt B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used a company called Flagship One out of central New York to get a new pcm for my 08 Ram. Give them the part number as well as your VIN and they can program one for you. Should be fairly quick.