Performance shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m looking for good shocks for my 2011 quad cab 1500. I bought Monroe reflex shocks and they are absolute garbage! The first set lost all of their dampening in two weeks of driving to and from work all freeway driving. I had them warranted by rock auto ( which is a pain to do). The replacements front and rear are junk now 4 months later. Can anyone recommend shocks? The rancho shocks are hard to find now and I was thinking about bilstein shocks. I would like something with more performance for highway driving.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Bilstein 5100 is a decent upgrade, better than the monroes. There are better options out there but it comes down to what you budget is. For highway use the 5100's should be adequate. Message me if you would like a quote on anything.

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ranchos are junk. Bilstein 5100 are good shocks for lift/level. Bilstein 4600 is what you want for more street/performance driving though they work fine offroad at stock height. Previous set lasted well over 250k miles on my 08 4x4, and only replaced them with new Bilsteins bc had to pull suspension apart anyway to do control arms, etc.