Pinion nut sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking at putting a set of 4.56’s in my 13 sport. Just putting a list together of what I need. Anyone know what the size socket is need for the pinion nut on the 9.25zf and the nut size for the 8” ifs front end . Gotta see if I have the sockets for them or if I’m gonna have to get them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rear pinion nut is 32mm. Are you installing the gears and setting the backlash yourself? Gears are pretty much the one thing that should be done by a mechanic that specializes in mainly setting up gears.
Curious what made you decide on 4:56 gears?
Im running 3:92 gears and 37" tires and feel that size gear is perfect.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well from everything I’ve seen as long as you have a few specialized tools and good knowledge of mechanics. As I’ve done a lot of it. Including a complete engine rebuild on a buds f250. So I’m gonna try and set the backlash and all on the front end that I’m buying to put in. If I feel comfortable and do it right I’ll do my rear end too. If not I’ll bring it to a shop. Well I’m running 35’s with 3.55 (it’s a 6 speed) and she’s really sluggish, even chipped. So I’m going up anyways and I’ve look at several gear calculators and they all say 4.56 is actually the optimal size for 37’s. So and if I want to go bigger on tires (as I have a 9” lift) I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk