Pissed off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
Depress the parking brake pedal slightly when releasing it to reduce the pressure on the release handle.

Yup. Always did. My parking brake handle broke at the plastic molded ring the metal end fits into. That was at 300,000 km. Easy fix. Drill with quarter inch bit a hole centered and install a metal "I" bolt with threaded end and fit holding end with washer and nut. Big problem is when hood metal reinforcing bars rust destruct. Impossible to find for 08 2500. Improvisation due to the twists and bends is hardly possible. If you have your truck as long as I have you will see what I mean. Might have to go to auto wreckers but they might not sell them unless you buy the hood they are attached to.

AlHart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems to me that when I was a tech they started putting dual master cylinders on passenger vehicles somewhere around 67-69. Not as good as all 4 wheels braking but it is a lot better than nothing. Most vehicles use front 2 or rear 2. Chrysler & others used 1 front & opposite rear.