AC Issue. Won't Turn Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveH10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I have a 2018 3.6L V6 Laramie that recently developed an issue with the AC. I can not get it to shut off. The Auto and AC lights are not on yet it continues to blow cold air. I have turned the climate temp from low to 60 degrees in hopes of having it shut off but to no avail. I have checked the relay and it tests fine. I even swapped it with another one and it still continues to blow cold. I have read all of the threads I could find regarding AC issues but nothing seems to cover this issue. Soemone had mentioned the AC Heater Control Module as the culprit but I don't know how to test this. Same goes for the humidity sensor. I'm looking for the path to follow to get this corrected without having to spend $500+ for the entire center stack control panel.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Soemone had mentioned the AC Heater Control Module as the culprit but I don't know how to test this. Same goes for the humidity sensor.
If the humidity sensor is bad then the AC will run continuously. Also if the defroster vents are selected the AC will stay on.
I think AlfaOBD can see what the humidity is reading, if not it's capable of reading error codes that a standard OBD reader is unable to..

OP
OP
SteveH10

SteveH10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I made sure the defroster was not on. I even pressed the Defroster, AC, and Auto numerous times, rather firmly, thinking that perhaps the buttons were sticky. That happened one time with the steering wheel volume control causing some audio issues.
I do not have an AlfaOBD so I can not check the humidity reading. It has been rather dry here in Texas, so I do not think that is the issue. Unless, of course, that sensor is bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357