Plug in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kansas77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I own a 2006 ram 2500 6.7 and obviously I need to have it plug in during the winter but I recently moved to a new apartment where I don’t have access to any outlets. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get power to my truck to keep it plugged in over night?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmmm. Well, you will need to plug into an outlet somewhere…or it aint gonna work lol. That or listen to a small generator running all night haaa.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
So I own a 2006 ram 2500 6.7 and obviously I need to have it plug in during the winter but I recently moved to a new apartment where I don’t have access to any outlets. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get power to my truck to keep it plugged in over night?
When I had my 2006 5.9 CTD in north IA once the day time temps stayed at or below 34 I put my winter front on an kept it on until day time temps reached 40, as for not being able to plug in, if your using 5w40 synthetic oil you should be able to start the truck at -15 without to much of a problem, just make sure you have good batteries and I hope you also have battery blankets. BTW several time's I had to start my old 06 at -25 below without using the block heater, I would cycle the grid heater twice so as to have a bit more warm air at start up... JMO