Votes: 15 30.6%
  • 26-35

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • 36-45

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 46-Dead

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For anyone on here who has gone the straight pipe route, how long of a pipe would I need to replace the muffler with? I only have the single exit exhaust anyways so a y pipe is not needed. I figured if would clamp it n since it is a lease and put the muffler back in to turn it in... Or if I decided it is too loud I can put the muffler back in and save up for a magnaflow.

It's not a straight shot on single exhaust, you'll need an offset between the two pipes. For example Mufflex uses a center inlet/ offset outlet on their single exhaust kits.

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm gonna go against the status quo here... I'm 19 and after a while my cutout got to be too loud. I'm lovin the sound of my corsa cat back right now, hopin to put headers in later down the road

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's not a straight shot on single exhaust, you'll need an offset between the two pipes. For example Mufflex uses a center inlet/ offset outlet on their single exhaust kits.

Darn... here I was hoping it would be relatively cheap to do, by the time I pay for someone to make the pipe I might as well have bought the magnaflow.

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For anyone on here who has gone the straight pipe route, how long of a pipe would I need to replace the muffler with? I only have the single exit exhaust anyways so a y pipe is not needed. I figured if would clamp it n since it is a lease and put the muffler back in to turn it in... Or if I decided it is too loud I can put the muffler back in and save up for a magnaflow.

Maybe crawl under there and tape measure it?

Sent from rock using chisel and hammer

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I like the sound of Magnaflow sound but I am not a fan of anything other than stock when towing as with the increases in RPMs it is too loud and annoying to me. I am 27 but maybe exhaust preference wise I am 50.

$miley

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my DOD14 is loud when I want. Driving around the city at 60km/hr or HWY at 100-120KM/HE....its BARELY noticeable. I find it perfect.

29 years young, but half a head of grey hair! haha

Things I DONT like loud....Girlfriends (save for the bedroom :) )

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
my DOD14 is loud when I want. Driving around the city at 60km/hr or HWY at 100-120KM/HE....its BARELY noticeable. I find it perfect.

29 years young, but half a head of grey hair! haha

Things I DONT like loud....Girlfriends (save for the bedroom :) )
^^Exhaust pipes and mufflers and sex--oh my! :shocked:

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i can't stand straight piped on anything other than a diesel.

i think it sounds cheap, and horrible.

i have a 18 inch magnaflow, and it's perfect, not too loud or too quiet for me.

i'm 19

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
like it loud when I want to be loud, and "calmer" when I don't want it as loud. straight pipes bug the **** out of me though because they just don't sound good and resonate/drone. I like a more refined exhaust note if that makes sense lol.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Darn... here I was hoping it would be relatively cheap to do, by the time I pay for someone to make the pipe I might as well have bought the magnaflow.

The only place I have found that will do it wants $85. If it weren't for the hangers I thing it would be cheaper. If it were just a piece of straight pipe I would do it myself, but that stupid bend takes care of that idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mensassy62