POOAF Turbo Boost Control Code and P242F DPF Ash Accumulation Code.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEM66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2014 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins truck that I bought new in 2014 it has about 105,000 miles on it. The CEL started coming on and off at first then it lost power and would only run about 40 miles an hour once but was fine the next time I started it. It lost power again later and I got a message that "Regeneration in process exhaust filter 100% full". It again ran fine the next time I started it but the CEL was still on and the same message about the DPF full. I ran it on the highway at highway speeds for 60 miles and still the same message.

We read the codes and had a POOAF turbo boost control code and P242F Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction Ash Accumulation code. We talked to a dealer and they said I would have to put a load on the truck and run it to get it to regenerate. So I started to pull our camper up the pass and in 30 miles it regenerated. But still had the POOAF code.

The Exhaust filter 100% full message came back on in less than 100 miles. As I understand it the POOAF code is most likely the turbo actuator or turbo. Any information anyone can give me on this would be appreciated. My engine brake does work.

Also any ideas on what is going on with the DPF?

Thanks in advance for any input.

OP
OP
D

DEM66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I talked with my cousin who is a mechanic and this is what we are thinking. The DPF is plugged and needs cleaned or replaced. We think the Plugged DPF is creating back pressure on the turbo and causing it to throw the POOAF code.

When we originally talked to the mechanic at the dealer he told us 80% of the trucks in our region are deleted (sounds high to me but I guess the point is there are a lot) and rather than replace the DPF he would suggest deleting it. We have no emissions testing in our area and he said it wouldn't be a problem selling a deleted truck or getting it serviced in our area.

So I ordered an EGR Performance DPF/EGR Delete Kit and an EFI Live AutoCal V3 DPF Delete Tuner. Plan is to delete the truck and then see if the POOAF code goes away. If not then we will check the turbo actuator and turbo.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Unfortunately the emissions on these trucks aren’t as good as the manufacturer would like. You’ll be happy with the unneeded parts. Your truck will be happier and reliability will there due to emissions parts having fell off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963