POP while Turing after bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
POP while Turning after bilsteins

Installed Bilsteins a couple months ago, and have come to realize any time I turn right and have to go over a slight bump, you can hear a pop/bumping sound. There are marks on the lower control arm from the knuckle so maybe it's the sound of the knuckle hitting/moving the lower control arm. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Check your sway bar links. Mine popped when I did my 5100's. Need longer sway bar links when you go up to 2.8" in the front.

OP
OP
C

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Check your sway bar links. Mine popped when I did my 5100's. Need longer sway bar links when you go up to 2.8" in the front.

I dont have the front sway bar on haha.

cruizer, could you correct my spelling in the title by any chance? thanks

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You should be able to by editing and going to advanced mode.

Have any pictures of the marks?

Doc1609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure everything is tight especially around that lower control arm. Had the same issue on my jeep after lifting and found out one of the bolts was coming loose, causing components to pull apart and come back together, thus the pop sound.

Flyguytki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was having a similar issue, however mine did end up being the sway bars, Zone did not provide nylock nuts for the top of the swaybar so the passenger side had worked its way loose. Whenever I would accelerate from a stop or come to a complete stop i would get a knock. Replaced with nylocks and all better.

A simple way to make sure everything is still torqued is Torque Seal. When I was building my Airplane we would apply torque seal on just about everything, I did this with the truck when i installed the lift and now i can check on things every time I am under the truck, as long as the seal hasnt been broken its still torqued.

Amazon.com: torque seal