Possibly trading in my 3Rd gen and buying a 4th gen Ram....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Congrats.

She's a beaut....
Thanks man... I can't keep smiling. I've already got a bunch of stuff ordered for her and I'm looking at either Clazzio covers or Leatherseats.com . The messed up part is I have a set of custom 06 clazzio covers being made right now that I can't cancel lol so once I get them I'm going to have to sell them.

Sent from he'll via TapATalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well now that you are official, you can change your profile. :)

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have got a Quad/Crew Cab, or a new 16 but the cheapest quad cab they had was $8k more than the RCSB I got. Add another $8k to my payments and I'm going from $160 a month to like $350 a month.

No thanks. This truck is fine for me, I dont have any kids or anything, I dont do heavy towing and moving ****... this is basically a "car" for me. A daily driver. I'm happy with this because it's loghter, faster and more sporty looking then the quads and crew cabs.

In the end, I'm paying $160 a month for 4 years. I'd rather that, than say $400 a month for 6 years lol.

Good for you I say! :waytogo:
There's plenty of people who would cave right in rather than identifying what suits them best like you did. And $160/month is wicked. There's a lot I know I would prefer to do with $8000 besides driving it around especially considering the novelty of it usually doesn't last 4 years For me it usually goes like this:
Year 1- OMG I LOVE THIS YAY ❤️
Year 2- I like it, I'm happy and got all my addons installed
Year 3- meh. I wonder what's new on the market?
End of year 3- FFS I can't wait until this thing is paid off so I can trade it in

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't own a 8 speed, but I am very happy with my truck. 12 hemi 6 spd. It's finally getting good mpg. I use it to haul some bump stop touching bed loads, and it performs flawlessly. I just hit 70k. Absolutely no issues thus far.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry I didn't further read. Nice truck congrats!

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 speeds have the rotary shifter and 6 speeds don't? Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks... oh and it is a 6speed.

Trust me you'll be fine because as you said you don't tow or haul much and it's a solid transmission with a good historical reliability record. I tuned deaf ears to all the drag strip racers telling me otherwise a long time ago.