Post sport rim pics aftermarket colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a set of these and not happy with the finish under the clearcoat. You can see the micro scratches and scuffs under the clearcoat in the polished areas. Almost looks like brushed aluminum.

Anyone repainted there wheels or have them powder coated a different color please post pics.

I'm thinking about getting the inserts on the spokes black and the rest of the high polished area chrome black.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's been a few people that have changed them. Either with Plasit-Dip or powdercoat. Usually, they are solid black, but I've seen a couple that have done a 2 tone paint job on them. The couple that I saw are mainly black, with that center portion of the spoke left alone. Looked pretty good, and I thought about trying it, but I have a lot of chrome on my Big Horn, and black wheels just wouldn't sit right with my set-up.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's been a few people that have changed them. Either with Plasit-Dip or powdercoat. Usually, they are solid black, but I've seen a couple that have done a 2 tone paint job on them. The couple that I saw are mainly black, with that center portion of the spoke left alone. Looked pretty good, and I thought about trying it, but I have a lot of chrome on my Big Horn, and black wheels just wouldn't sit right with my set-up.

I think it would be a shame to totally change the theme, meaning the stock sport rims are solid silver in the spoke centers and high alumunium shine the rest.

Oh yeah, about black not going with alot of chrome, same here. Perhaps a two tone silver and shade of grey. Was hoping to see some pics to get me some ideas.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdog57