Power mirrors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ndkshns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok hopefully this will be the last of my newborn questions. This '18 tradesman commercial truck has the tow mirrors that are electric but are manual fold in. This '16 3500 has the power fold in type. I tried to put them on the '18 yesterday. The mirrors would adjust properly but the fold ins would not work. I didnt see any difference in the connectors. Am I missing something to make them work?

RugbyRef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L H.O.
On my '19 Ram 3500 there is a switch (that controls the folding mechanism) between the the buttons that adjust the mirrors. Not sure about the hardware for the 2018 or 2016. Do you have a similar setup?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok hopefully this will be the last of my newborn questions. This '18 tradesman commercial truck has the tow mirrors that are electric but are manual fold in. This '16 3500 has the power fold in type. I tried to put them on the '18 yesterday. The mirrors would adjust properly but the fold ins would not work. I didnt see any difference in the connectors. Am I missing something to make them work?

Might want to ask/search over in the 4th gen section, I'm sure I've seen some people over there that have dealt with stuff like this.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe you need new door modules along with the window switch that has the power fold button on it. That's what I had to replace on my truck to get the power fold to work. I also had to activate the function with AlfaOBD.

OP
OP
N

Ndkshns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like I have to activate it. Man what ever happened to plug and play.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Looks like I have to activate it. Man what ever happened to plug and play.
As stated above you need to door modules also, you probably swap them from the '16. It will probably still require them to be activated with AlfaOBD.

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe you need new door modules along with the window switch that has the power fold button on it. That's what I had to replace on my truck to get the power fold to work. I also had to activate the function with AlfaOBD.
This! ^^^^^