Power Steering info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onephat66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an '05 Hemi ST shortbed 2WD that i need to replace a couple power steering hoses. I have read they were cheapest at the dealer of all places. I called both dealers here and was told the hoses I need are no longer available because of a new replacement pump design, of which the dealer doesn't even have a clue what the upgrade is. To buy hoses for my truck I'd need to buy a new $550 pump along with the new bracket. Anyone know anything further about this new pump?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just because a dealer doesn't have them doesn't mean you have to do all that. Look up the part numbers you need online or on ebay.

p279.jpg

OP
OP
O

onephat66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, but what is the change/upgrade with the new pumps??????

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Who cares? As it stands I wouldn't trust a dealer's word without some kind of documentation. Is your pump good? If so, buy the correct hoses for it. If not, do better research than you have done thus far. This isn't rocket science...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007