Power steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck did not come with the factory power steps, and the parts department of my dealership doesn't seem to know how to get them (even though I gave them the part number).

I called AMP Research and they said that the '19 is so different than any previous Ram, they will not have anything available until probably the end of this year.

Anyone have any ideas?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you have the part number, you can check in with All Mopar Parts and see what they come up with.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Also if you have the parts number for the oem steps,can you list it here and maybe we can help you locate them ?

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also if you have the parts number for the oem steps,can you list it here and maybe we can help you locate them ?
I may have misspoke with the "part number" description. I meant the "sale code" of MR7 when you are building a truck to order. Does that help?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh I see and sadly it doesn’t , I’m hopeful that someone with a “ Limited “ would be willing to extract their part number to give to us. I can’t physically get down there at the dealership to look at it. Maybe when I go there on Tuesday to get the part number for the black headliner, I can get one of the techs to look for it.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well of course no one has or had the part number for the oem factory power steps. Also my whole goal of trying to obtain a part number for a black headliner was in vain.

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only reference to any identification is the word RAM in raised letters. They look similar to aftermarket brands I think maybe AMP research Co. I think they make the bed step for the 2019 and earlier models .

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve still had no luck with this for you sadly.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree! AMP is the way to go. If you don't want to ruin how tall the truck looks, but still want steps - they disappear when not in use and that adds so much 'macho flavor' to the truck! haha

Let AMP have your truck for research and maybe they'll give you the 1st set for free for letting them use your truck! haha

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree! AMP is the way to go. If you don't want to ruin how tall the truck looks, but still want steps - they disappear when not in use and that adds so much 'macho flavor' to the truck! haha

Let AMP have your truck for research and maybe they'll give you the 1st set for free for letting them use your truck! haha
If I lived anywhere near them, I just might!

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
The ones that come on the limited feel cheap and flimsy, and offer no traction. I'm actually thinking of removing or disabling them.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
The ones that come on the limited feel cheap and flimsy, and offer no traction. I'm actually thinking of removing or disabling them.
Well that kinda sucks. I was gonna order a ‘19 maybe 6 months from now and the power running boards was a definite plus.
I had called AMP a few weeks ago to ask them about a set I have in the box, but never used. Anyway through conversation, I just thought AMP was making them for RAM, but they don’t. They own the patent and receive a royalty. Even Ford & GM do the same. So who knows where they are made and to what specs. Lemme guess——China?!!!

OP
OP
Kevin C

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Disappointing to hear. If you decide to take them off, and want to sell, I'd love to talk to you about possibly buying them off you.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
Well, my impression of these boards just got worse. I’ve owned my truck for 5 days and they are now stuck in the open position. Wish I had disabled them before they got stuck.

I can’t stress enough how cheap and flimsy they feel.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
^^^^ Make sure you didn't set them to stay deployed .If you were playing with the settings. I suspect amp research is making them. I only know of one other deployable step manufacturer -bestop. They have never offered any for Ram.

I stepped up on one that was in the dealer and it doesn't didn't seem flimsy to me. Operated and looked similar to my F150 and Jeep deployable boards.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
^^^^ Make sure you didn't set them to stay deployed .If you were playing with the settings. I suspect amp research is making them. I only know of one other deployable step manufacturer -bestop. They have never offered any for Ram.

I stepped up on one that was in the dealer and it doesn't didn't seem flimsy to me. Operated and looked similar to my F150 and Jeep deployable boards.

Yes, they are AMP and it does seem they are used by many manufacturers. I’m 160lbs and they work for me, but I have friends who are double that and they flex significantly for them. Even without the flex, the wavy sheet metal with no grip is pretty weak. It wouldn’t take much to add some grip and a little bit of sturdiness. Compared to the overall finish and polish on the rest of the 19 Limited, they are severely out of place.

I didn’t change any settings. They were stuck in a deployed position, and suddenly started working normal again. No settings change to stop or start working. Hope they keep working.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If AMP was making them they would be available on their website. Sounds like a 5th gen Ram design issue to me.

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got them and there not flimsy. There well made, clean and operate smoothly. Dealer stated there rated at 600 lb. You must of got a aftermarket replacement. Maybe the detailer out of Mopar steps. Does yours have RAM embedded on top towards front

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
I got them and they’re not flimsy. They are well made, clean and operate smoothly. Dealer stated they are rated at 600 lb. You must of got a aftermarket replacement. Maybe the detailer out of Mopar steps. Does yours have RAM embedded on top towards front

Maybe I’m just comparing them unfairly to fixed steps, but they are the factory model with embossed RAM logos on them (both front and rear ends of the step). They are part of the Limited package. Good to hear they’ll support 600lbs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990