Power Wagon AMP XL Power Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenrn64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys!
Looking for the AMP XL Power Step to fit the Power Wagon. Has anybody been able to fab-fit the XL's? Their website doesn't allow for the Power Wagon application.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Theres no difference in the rocker panels between the power wagon or non power wagon.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure why they would not fit a Power Wagon?

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I think it has to do with a harmonic balancer that is placed on the frame rail of the Power wagon.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I think it has to do with a harmonic balancer that is placed on the frame rail of the Power wagon.

Don't non-PW 2500 hemi equipped trucks get the same balancer?

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Ram puts it in a different spot on the Power wagon.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Xl's Will not work and if you try you will end up in a battle trying to return them. I had bought them from CarID and was assured by the sales rep they would fit. The directions specifically state "Not for a power Wagon". (unknown till in my possession) I called CarID and also started a Chat with their tech support who claimed it was no issue and said to go ahead and install. While everything is loose it looks perfect. Once you try and tighten things down the balancer hits the motor assembly. (Talking millimeters) Thankfully I saved the chat message as that proved to be my saving point. CarID as well as AMP support will not return the steps if install marks are shown. After many phone calls between both and emailing the chat as proof. I was still refused a return since I was told I should not have tightened things and just did a trial fit. Had to dispute via my AMEX card who settled in my favor due to the chat message insisting they were correct. I did get the proper AMP steps which only have the single motor, The XL has 2. All has been good now for 2 1/2 years and I am in NJ with road salt. The proper steps are cheaper than the XL's and since carID and AMP would not take them back even after the dispute I sold the XL's for the price of the correct ones so ended up getting them free except for a ton of aggrevation.

Al Handy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the bestop units on my 2018 PW, the hardest part is finding the door activation wires in the harness under the left door sill panel. They work fine, I do not have the balancer on my PW. I also changed the lighting to a LED strip

IMG_0860.JPG

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I believe this is the case. Some additional information, in all the post Covid supply chain nonsense, apparently they quit installing the balancers. My 2019 had them, the 2022 does not. I confirmed searching the Mopar parts systems the part number disappears from later builds.

I don’t know if this applies to other models as well, or just the PW.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
What does this balancer do? Thx
It’s part of the active noise cancellation system. On my current truck it still has the wiring harness plugs under the cab, but the device is not there.

I can’t discern any difference in noise level between the truck with vs without.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357