Problem seating 3 prongs in housing during bilstein install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisGUGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The install is going pretty well and I have the bilstein 5100s set at 2.8 and I'm trying to reinstall them on the truck. For the life of me, I can't get the 3 bolts on top of the strut into the 3 holes in the housing.

Is there some trick to this? I've tried installing and removing it 20 times and giving it a little twist to try and get it to line up properly with no luck.

Also, does it matter where the end of the spring coil is lined up? I read somewhere that they recommended having the end of the top spring coil facing outward.

Thanks a lot,
Chris

OP
OP
C

ChrisGUGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nevermind. I'm an idiot. I just had to rotate the bolts until it fit properly.

yount79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yup you wanna just loosen the nuts with couple threads still on so that the strut doesn't fall out of the housing. Just a little tip there bud

Ox69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If I'm not mistaken the top almost looks like a arrow. And it has to point out when installing back on the truck.

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
Would be nice if someone did a write up with pics as this is by far the most popular mod on a ram 1500

RAM FF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I've been looking to get the Bilstein adjustable height shocks for my 2009 SLT. They seem to be on back order everywhere. Is there a good place online to get them or a better alternative?

OP
OP
C

ChrisGUGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought mine on Amazon.com, but I see they're on back order there too.

I got lucky buying mine about 2 weeks ago. I had no idea they were going on back order.

They do ride great though. I don't get my alignment done until Tuesday and the truck still drives better than stock.

BleessJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone give me the product number for the front shocks for a 2014 1500 Big Horn. I know the series 5100, but when I search my vehicle type many come up. If it makes a difference Im oredering a 6/5 Zone lift. Plan on getting all the parts ordered, and installed while Im working in Mexico. Thanks for the help guys.