Proper procedure for WDH ***** with air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Santo Tomasine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello All, I’m getting a 1500 with the air suspension option. We camp a lot during the summer and will be towing my travel trailer a bunch. I am looking to see if anyone has experience hooking up their weight distribution hitch with the air suspension. I saw somewhere we should disable the air suspension in the tire/jack setting before hooking up the hitch. Then turn it back on after to let the truck auto level.

John Fisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is correct. I am looking for when you disconnect.
It may be the same process for disconnecting. I don’t have my manual currently and researching answers.
Took delivery yesterday, hooking up was not a problem. Back is raised and front is “mushy”, according to my wife.

Following

pjtj2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 1500 with air suspension, been towing with it for 2 years now. You are correct, before you hook up the trailer, put it in "Jack mode" so it doesn't adjust on you. Then connect up the WDH bars or chains so the weight is adjusted forward and back. Then you can take it out of Jack mode. The truck will adjust like normal. When un-hitching, I don't mess with the air suspension at all. I take the weight off the tongue and then the truck will adjust back down to normal height.