PSA: UConnect offer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got an email this morning with 50% off a year of UConnect Advantage. $75 until end of March.

I only like it for the voice reply to text feature, but $75 for the year isn't bad just to have that. I'm hoping maybe if other people get the offer and sign up, they might use it as a reason to lower the price permanently (long shot, I know) or offer single features priced accordingly

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If we added the 8.4 and we didn't have it originally are we still eligible? What do we get with the yearly subscription? Is it worth doing? I have the puck still and not the cell antenna. Still haven't really researched the different in the two. Does that matter for the upgraded version?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just got an email this morning with 50% off a year of UConnect Advantage. $75 until end of March.

I only like it for the voice reply to text feature, but $75 for the year isn't bad just to have that. I'm hoping maybe if other people get the offer and sign up, they might use it as a reason to lower the price permanently (long shot, I know) or offer single features priced accordingly

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Maybe there could be a group buy to keep the price under 100.00 bucks.

rpowell911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just signed up, got the $75.00 price, BUT they tack on $25.00 in miscellaneous fees, too, so it's actually $100.00 all told.

Still kinda worth it, though, for the texting while driving thing, and the phone app allowing for remote start, send and go, door remote unlock, all that jazz.

I've got a 2017, and the Send-N-Go thing is cool, as a lot of stuff ain't in the OEM nav.

Just my two cents worth.

Has a work Tahoe till I retired. Their OnStar stuff, along with the WiFi hotspot, was pretty outrageous. Mopar's hotspot is outrageous, too, though, but my phone has one of those, so there.

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$25 in misc fees? WTF?

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does it allow you to text thru your phone? The radio doesn't do it without paying for it? Wow. At least with onstar, you don't have to have onstar to text with your voice while driving.

I still love my RAM, but I wouldn't pay $100 a year to allow me to text with my voice. Now I'm looking even harder at upgrading to an aftermarket radio instead of upgrading to the 8.4

Just signed up, got the $75.00 price, BUT they tack on $25.00 in miscellaneous fees, too, so it's actually $100.00 all told.

Still kinda worth it, though, for the texting while driving thing, and the phone app allowing for remote start, send and go, door remote unlock, all that jazz.

I've got a 2017, and the Send-N-Go thing is cool, as a lot of stuff ain't in the OEM nav.

Just my two cents worth.

Has a work Tahoe till I retired. Their OnStar stuff, along with the WiFi hotspot, was pretty outrageous. Mopar's hotspot is outrageous, too, though, but my phone has one of those, so there.

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Without UConnect service, you can reply to texts using pre-canned replies. Which defeats the safety purpose (IMHO) of having everything hands free. Since you need to listen to (or look at...DANGEROUS) the list of replies to choose from.

I could live with $75 for the year if it were really that much for the year. I assume they are charging some bs "activation" fee, if thats the case I plan on replying to their email invite and telling them to pound sand until it really only costs me 75.

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I actually saw this come up on the 4th Gen Ram Facebook Page that I am on, last week.

I love the voice texting as well and had just called them 2-wks prior trying to get a discount and they said they do not offer them - then low and behold...

I paid for it and the charge after taxes was $86.40.

I do not normally pay for stuff like this, but the voice text feature is just so easy to use!

2017 RAM 1500 CC, LoneStar, Black Pearl

MidTennMtneer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
This whole voice to text thing. I just hold down the voice button and use Siri to send a text to someone.

You all are telling me there’s canned replies with Uconnect. Can those be changed by the user?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This whole voice to text thing. I just hold down the voice button and use Siri to send a text to someone.

You all are telling me there’s canned replies with Uconnect. Can those be changed by the user?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The canned replies can not be changed.

I can use the "Ok, Google" function on my phone to voice text as well, but it is not nearly as simple as pressing the button on the steering wheel and using nothing but voice command and never looking at my phone to text, while I am driving.

I personally feel this specific feature should be default with no added cost. It really is a safety feature.

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also got the email and replied but I didn't get charged the extra fee. They just charged me the 74.99. I carpool so I missed being able to start my car when I am a couple of exits away and my car is warmed up when I get dropped off. I figured the price was not bad I would never pay the full price

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I already use this on my Ram because my truck is too far from my building to use the fob for remote start. Does anyone know if this can be tacked on to my existing subscription to extend it for a year? I will be getting a separate subscription for my wife's Cherokee also.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what does the email have...a special link? I tried Uconnect last fall on my new (used) 2016 Rebel. Uconnect emailed me on 12/29 with a "special" at 124.99.....I said heck no. But no new emails offering 74.99, which I might consider.

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So what does the email have...a special link? I tried Uconnect last fall on my new (used) 2016 Rebel. Uconnect emailed me on 12/29 with a "special" at 124.99.....I said heck no. But no new emails offering 74.99, which I might consider.
You don't have to have an email. I saw the special 50% off promotion on another forum thread and I called. I noticed while I was on the phone with them that my truck UConnect menu listed this price as well.

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I already use this on my Ram because my truck is too far from my building to use the fob for remote start. Does anyone know if this can be tacked on to my existing subscription to extend it for a year? I will be getting a separate subscription for my wife's Cherokee also.
You would probably best off to call them and ask.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been waiting for the price drop after a dozen emails at $149. Logged on to the Mopar Owners site and renewed Tuesday no issues at $86 total.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been waiting for the price drop after a dozen emails at $149. Logged on to the Mopar Owners site and renewed Tuesday no issues at $86 total.

Ok...I just logged into my Mopar account, and got the same pricing under renewal. Thanks.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you to the OP for his post! I signed up again as a result.

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When I log into the Mopar site I only see some ridiculous $250/year price for the service I have now... I assume you all are getting the full package with Convenience and Security groups?

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When I log into the Mopar site I only see some ridiculous $250/year price for the service I have now... I assume you all are getting the full package with Convenience and Security groups?
Yours sounds different only because you said it's $250 a year. The Uconnect service most of us are talking about was $149 a year. Can you post a link to the service that you're talking about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01