PSA: UConnect offer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yours sounds different only because you said it's $250 a year. The Uconnect service most of us are talking about was $149 a year. Can you post a link to the service that you're talking about?

It's Sirius XM Guardian... I'm confused about the relationship between Uconnect Access (which I assume is what everyone else in this thread is talking about) and Sirius XM Guardian, and why I would have one and not the other.

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think XM Guardian is the package for 2018+ radios (that have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay)

UConnect Access is for us 17- people

bowdude66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think $150 per year for Uconnect is totally ridiculous. You would think Chrysler would be happy with the $50,000 they charged for the truck. I would consider $75 a year for the talk to text feature and mobile unlock and start. This is only one of the reasons that I will be going back to Toyota Tundra for my next truck.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Uconnect’s capabilities are pretty limited. On other manufacturers (Hyundai wtf) you can turn heat up and down etc. Add more functions and I’d be sold. But so far...meh.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree bowdude. It's bad enough they shove supposed "safety upgrades" down our throats, many of which dramatically change the functionality of our entire vehicle (many of said functions we actually wanted and LOVED get indescriminately taken away from us!).
And yet, a simple, what should be "standard" feature like voice to text (it's standard w/other manufacturers) which actually DOES makes operating the vehicle much safer overall are "pay to play".

Lemmy is correct too, for what the whole UCONNECT system costs to even get with the vehicle, the things it does, its comparably poor reliabilty, and lack-luster functionality really makes me feel like a suckered for even having the big screen radio. Don't wanna feel like a Super-Sucker by paying for features wish come at the simple expense of a different code being pinged to my radio, which come fully capable of all features right from the factory anyway...

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI it looks like they renewed this, deadline now 5/31.

I guess they didn't get enough suckers the first time. Maybe i should let them know why I didn't sign up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MidTennMtneer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
Uconnect’s capabilities are pretty limited. On other manufacturers (Hyundai wtf) you can turn heat up and down etc. Add more functions and I’d be sold. But so far...meh.

You can’t control climate with yours? 5”? I just assumed all Uconnect allowed that. Figured it was the same software on the smaller screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine expires 06/12 I’m gonna call them and see if I can get in on this $75 deal

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can’t control climate with yours? 5”? I just assumed all Uconnect allowed that. Figured it was the same software on the smaller screens.

I think they meant the remote app. Some cars let you start them and set the HVAC temp they should achieve while running remotely.

Personally I don't really need that feature. My truck has auto climate control and since I use about the same temp all year, the fact it turns on with remote start is good enough for me. I know not everyone has different needs, though.

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine expires 06/12 I’m gonna call them and see if I can get in on this $75 deal
Ask them if they ever plan on fixing the ota update that killed audio quality in the 2018/2019 classic.

Also ask if they ever plan on making voice text reply (a safety feature) more affordable than having to renew a yearly uconnect sub for features I will never use.

MidTennMtneer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
I think they meant the remote app. Some cars let you start them and set the HVAC temp they should achieve while running remotely.

Personally I don't really need that feature. My truck has auto climate control and since I use about the same temp all year, the fact it turns on with remote start is good enough for me. I know not everyone has different needs, though.

Ahhh. That makes more sense. I agree.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah sorry that’s what I meant. Tyler’s working faster than my brain. Could’ve explained that better.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have the coupon code for this $74.99, my uconnect just expired.

Please search your emails

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep getting the 6 month offer @JB1 but still to much for me. Maybe this fall to get me through the winter before I leave for work but I'm still to pissed about the ota update the have yet to fix on the uaq lol

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep getting the 6 month offer @JB1 but still to much for me. Maybe this fall to get me through the winter before I leave for work but I'm still to pissed about the ota update the have yet to fix on the uaq lol

Uconnect 6mo?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya my Sirius expired too, they want $249, uconnect is $149

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya my Sirius expired too, they want $249, uconnect is $149
Atleast on the 18 Sirius guardian is the uconnect app now it's not the Sirius radio. I could be wrong but the uaq Sirius guardian app is how I did remote start and all that

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First ever popup message on my head unit started this week... 3 months free uconnect.

Refuse to do it out of principle. Clearly they are trying to get whatever they can out of it, maybe they will permanently change how it is sold to make it more worth it

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’m confused about needing Uconnect for voice to text? I upgraded by radio 5” to 8.4 so I can’t get Uconnect. If I hit the Uconnect button on the radio it just eventually says to call them so I assume I don’t have it.

I have my phone paired to my radio and use the button on the steering wheel to text everyday. Is this not the way everyone’s works?