Puddle light connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdk2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I have a 2018 Ram 1500. I didn't see this talked about anywhere else on here..

I was removing my puddle lights and putting in sequential replacements.
When I removed the plug-in from the passenger side connector one of the prongs remained in the connector and it is stuck in there. I can still put the old puddle light in and it works somehow.
I called a dealership nearby and explained this and they said I will need a whole new mirror, is that really my only option for replacing a little plastic piece that 3 cords run into?
Anyone ever dealt with this before?
Thanks!

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems that none of the parts to the mirrors, except the glass, are available separate from the assembly. Rather annoying, but that's how it is.

Stop by a junk yard, maybe you'll be able to find a busted mirror for cheap that you can steal parts from.

Titeman2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently come across this puddle light delema. Went to change light and pegs from old light broke off in the plug. At $50.10 for a new plug, I decided to fabricate my own. My best bud come up with using a 4" wire jump with a butt connector on each end. He trimmed the plastic back on one end and plugged into new light. Sealed entire connector hole with hot glue gun. Used butt connector on the20210908_174052.jpg20210908_174052.jpg20210908_174300.jpg other end to attach to stripped wire coming out mirror. Both ends sealed with shrink tube. Total cost of repair, $3.60

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The parts dept. sells mirror glass & puddle lights

The Service Writers are told to UPSELL products

They will not tell you about the mirror glass & puddle lights, unless you bring it up

If the tilt motors go bad, which is unusual, they are easily replaced
If your mirror housing get cracked or shattered, you can buy new ones from various places, you may have to get them painted, they come in textured & smooth black

Heck, i think even the temperature sensor that is in the drivers side mirror is available

1631144251762.png

1631144393859.png

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

When I removed the plug-in from the passenger side connector one of the prongs remained in the connector and it is stuck in there. I can still put the old puddle light in and it works somehow.
I called a dealership nearby and explained this and they said I will need a whole new mirror, is that really my only option for replacing a little plastic piece that 3 cords run into?
Thanks!

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is 2011 and i had same problem , same. I bought the led and they dont work , check your old connector and compare with this one PT2834 . I think is the same , if you buy the led , before reinsert the housing make sure they both work ( cortesy and signal ) .. Depends the brand , one of side lamps the connector inside the lamp is inverted , that means you will need to invert the wires in one of the lamps ... thats why before doing a solid connection try both sides first ...

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks!
You DONT need the whole mirror , just replace the connector This what you need 68064949AA on amazon , compare it with the one in your truck

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently come across this puddle light delema. Went to change light and pegs from old light broke off in the plug. At $50.10 for a new plug, I decided to fabricate my own. My best bud come up with using a 4" wire jump with a butt connector on each end. He trimmed the plastic back on one end and plugged into new light. Sealed entire connector hole with hot glue gun. Used butt connector on theView attachment 470380View attachment 470380View attachment 470381 other end to attach to stripped wire coming out mirror. Both ends sealed with shrink tube. Total cost

,Same here , I just bought a new sequential led's paddle lights for my Ram 1500 . I pluged it in and they dont blink the way they should . The only thing i did was replacing the connectors ( old ones were rusted ) . But gauge are diferent . The new connectors wires are thicker. And thats the problem , I dont know if the relay is the problem or the connection of two diferent gauge.... Can you ask your buddy what the hell is going on ? ...
Thank you
I recently come across this puddle light delema. Went to change light and pegs from old light broke off in the plug. At $50.10 for a new plug, I decided to fabricate my own. My best bud come up with using a 4" wire jump with a butt connector on each end. He trimmed the plastic back on one end and plugged into new light. Sealed entire connector hole with hot glue gun. Used butt connector on theView attachment 470380View attachment 470380View attachment 470381 other end to attach to stripped wire coming out mirror. Both ends sealed with shrink tube. Total cost of repair, $3.60

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-231754_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-231754_Gallery.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20211021-231814_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-231814_Gallery.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 3

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thought I would add to this thread some info I was able to find. If you need a puddle light connector, the only place I found it was at Connector Experts. They aren’t cheap but it beats the alternative of having to buy a new mirror. The part is CE3368BK, they are pre wired and ready to hook up to your existing puddle light wires, cost $78 plus shipping. I bought 2 along with 2 new lights off of eBay. Didn’t realize how much I missed them until I saw them on my buddies Rebel.

Attachments

• CA3C520A-4551-48F0-9738-7536D96CC207.png
    CA3C520A-4551-48F0-9738-7536D96CC207.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 5

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
Thought I would add to this thread some info I was able to find. If you need a puddle light connector, the only place I found it was at Connector Experts. They aren’t cheap but it beats the alternative of having to buy a new mirror. The part is CE3368BK, they are pre wired and ready to hook up to your existing puddle light wires, cost $78 plus shipping. I bought 2 along with 2 new lights off of eBay. Didn’t realize how much I missed them until I saw them on my buddies Rebel.
So I've scrolled through pictures of connectors for hours on mouser.com with no luck and after lots of digging I found this post which led me to find the correct connectors. But because there is no way in hell I was paying $78 for a couple $0.50 connector... I kept digging. Ultimately, I found this part number 12047781.

"Aptiv (Delphi)
12047781 - Delphi Metri-Pack 150 3 Way Black Unsealed Female Connector"

So to help out anybody else that might be looking for this, if you do a Google search for that part number you'll be given many options. Many of which are just the connector. You need to make sure you get the terminals for the inside as well.

Good luck!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
this is a 2009 - 2017 or 2018 mirror

1668408434402.png
Look below the motor, in between the 2 arrows at the bottom
you can just barely see the 3 wires that go to the Puddle Lamp

the newer mirrors use a slightly different mirror motor
the mirror glass is more difficult to remove

Meatman8769

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This literally just happened to my 19' ram 1500 classic....led puddle lights went out so I ordered a replacement from mopar online. Came in. When I went to pull the connector out of the old one I found that it was corroded really bad and one of the pins came out and was stuck in there. I cleaned the female end up as best as possible with a q tip and a needle as its a tiny area. Luckily I plugged the new one in and it works but without getting all the corrosion out I'm afraid it'll happen again.

Kusanation

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just ordered the female connector from "customConnectorKits" SKU # 12047781. I am waiting for them to come in. Does anyone know if its hard to get the wires in it or how to do it once I get this part? Ive never done it before.

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just ordered the female connector from "customConnectorKits" SKU # 12047781. I am waiting for them to come in. Does anyone know if its hard to get the wires in it or how to do it once I get this part? Ive never done it before.
Not hard at all, but did you get the 12064971-L - Delphi Metri-Pack 150 Tin Plated Unsealed Female Terminals?

I think this goes with the part you ordered but I'm not 100% sure. Which is why I order mine above as a full kit. It came with all the parts. I just cut the old connector off. Then striped the wires back and crimped the terminals on. Make sure you put the terminals in the correct slots on the connector. Or you will need a Terminal Removal Tool kit to get it out with out breaking it.

Kusanation

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not hard at all, but did you get the 12064971-L - Delphi Metri-Pack 150 Tin Plated Unsealed Female Terminals?

I think this goes with the part you ordered but I'm not 100% sure. Which is why I order mine above as a full kit. It came with all the parts. I just cut the old connector off. Then striped the wires back and crimped the terminals on. Make sure you put the terminals in the correct slots on the connector. Or you will need a Terminal Removal Tool kit to get it out with out breaking it.
No I didn’t get that. How can I purchase the entire full kit? Is there an option for that? I clicked the link you shared and it just provides the terminals. How many of them to do I need to buy ? 3? Thanks for your help on this, it’s been a pain in the ass.

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks!
no you dont need the whole thing , you just need the conector for it ... you need this giod luck

ACDelco GM Original Equipment... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RW3BZ5W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no you dont need the whole thing , you just need the conector for it ... you need this giod luck

ACDelco GM Original Equipment... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RW3BZ5W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Yes, you do need the full kit or all the parts. The link you have is a complete connector. It also has wires coming out of it already and is double the price.

No I didn’t get that. How can I purchase the entire full kit? Is there an option for that? I clicked the link you shared and it just provides the terminals. How many of them to do I need to buy ? 3? Thanks for your help on this, it’s been a pain in the ass.
Sorry, I have been swamped with work and have not had time to check back on here. You may have what you need already but here is what I bought.

Title of the listing incase the like does not work: "Lot of 2 Delphi Metri-Pack 150 Series 3P Connector Kit Unsealed 3 Position NOS"