Pushing a smaller truck with a plow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michele

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
Hi Everyone,

I have a 1999 Ram 1500 (my dad's old truck we use for hauling, plowing etc). It has a Fisher plow on the front.

My friend's 2006 Dakota broke down and is sitting at the bottom of his 100' driveway. The garage is at the top and there's a slope in the driveway that means hand pushing it up isn't going to happen. The rollback that got him from breakdown place to house couldn't go up because the wheel carrier under the deck was bottoming out.

I was thinking of putting a tire or two between our noses and pushing him up with my truck but then another idea was to put the plow on ours and pad that and then push. Would anyone think that's a good idea? I know plows are meant to push heavy wet snow but the Dakota I'd think is in the 4,200 - 4,500# range and I worry about cracking the plow frame.

Thanks for any advice/warnings!

OP
OP
M

Michele

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
Guess it would have help to mention the plow is the 7.5' fisher minute mount. And it says Laramie SLT magnum v8 on the outside and the engine sticker says 5.2L but I know it's got extra cooling because of the plow

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is pulling not an option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Michele

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
That would make the most sense right? Our first thought was to pull it up with his being backwards so it could face the right way for the garage but he doesn't have much of a pad at the top and I wouldn't have a good way to get ours out of the way to disconnect and then hand push it the rest of the way. I'd have to pull off into the grass and have his sort of at an angle at a not really flat spot

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hi Everyone,

I have a 1999 Ram 1500 (my dad's old truck we use for hauling, plowing etc). It has a Fisher plow on the front.

My friend's 2006 Dakota broke down and is sitting at the bottom of his 100' driveway. The garage is at the top and there's a slope in the driveway that means hand pushing it up isn't going to happen. The rollback that got him from breakdown place to house couldn't go up because the wheel carrier under the deck was bottoming out.

I was thinking of putting a tire or two between our noses and pushing him up with my truck but then another idea was to put the plow on ours and pad that and then push. Would anyone think that's a good idea? I know plows are meant to push heavy wet snow but the Dakota I'd think is in the 4,200 - 4,500# range and I worry about cracking the plow frame.

Thanks for any advice/warnings!

Sounds good I’d do it

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Put your backs up agains the dead truck and put your legs on the bumper of push truck, use yourself as a barrier. It works, not with just one person though, you need at least two on the bumper, one in cab. Or go with your tire idea, it’ll work too. Gl.