Need help with plow for 2022 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndAmend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope you guys will please tolerate a question from a newbie, I really need good advice. I spend most of my time on the Hellcat forum, and since I have been so happy with the HC’s I decided to order a Ram. But I have concerns and questions I hope you guys might help with.

I have a 22 Big Horn Quad Cab 6’4” on order with Off Road and Plow Prep. I figured it would be a slam dunk replacing my 03 Silverado/Meyer plow. I only need to plow my 2000’ unpaved driveway. (I know the 2500 is better suited for plowing, but I only need to do my driveway.) After ordering I have learned:

-Meyer and Boss only offer full trip, I prefer trip edge. I have used full trip before, it can be a PITA when you hit a chunk of frozen dirt/sod/mud.

-Fisher offers the HT and SD for the Ram 1500, both are trip edge, but I have read about very low ground clearance and the Fisher dealer even warned me about it.

The last thing I want to do at my age is spend over $60k on a truck and plow, and find it is much worse than my 03.

Please, if any of you have experience/knowledge of plows on the newer non-Classic 1500’s, let me know. I’m starting to wonder if maybe I should keep the Silverado for plowing and maybe not getting a plow for the Ram. And if I can’t plow with the Ram, why do I need 2 trucks?

Please share your thoughts. And if this topic has already been debated to death please excuse me because my searches have not yielded the results I seek. If I missed a good thread please link it. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990