Quad Cab Rear DP Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wondering if anyone else has had this.
Truck is a 3mo old 2014. Stock audio system....non Alpine.
Certain songs with some bass make a rattle noise from the rear. I have narrowed it down to the rear leading edge of the interior door panel where it meets the door metal. About halfway between the two false plastic screw push pins. Both doors

I wanted to try skme adhesive backed foam but dont want to see it. So lokms like adding a screw or getting another factory push pin plastic screw and drilling holes for it.
Any other ideas?

Thx, Michel

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just wondering if anyone else has had this.
Truck is a 3mo old 2014. Stock audio system....non Alpine.
Certain songs with some bass make a rattle noise from the rear. I have narrowed it down to the rear leading edge of the interior door panel where it meets the door metal. About halfway between the two false plastic screw push pins. Both doors

I wanted to try skme adhesive backed foam but dont want to see it. So lokms like adding a screw or getting another factory push pin plastic screw and drilling holes for it.
Any other ideas?

Thx, Michel
Take off the panel, add some sound deadener to it ,and re-install.

ZAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the same problem with my 3 week old truck except all 4 door panels rattle when I turn the volume up. It sounds like holy hell. I agree, slap on some sound deadener. That's what I'm going to do when I replace the stock speakers.

OP
OP
M

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies. Glad im not the only one.
Being a ex car audio installer I got some dynamat xtreme and some dynasorb lying here.
I know if I deaden one noise then others may pop up....lol. Sounds like I got a small project to do :)